Sons' sorrow

27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its not a pr thing and its not so much 'spiritual' guidance as more a sounding board and someone players can talk to. Almost bordering on a mental health counsellor without necessarily the formal background. Generally they will have done training in it though. The title is a bit misleading, its not really about religion.

Make no mistake, Grant Hamilton is very hands on (attended full time training a couple of days a week with us) and worth his weight in gold. I'm probably more disappointed to lose Grant than any of the players to leave us this summer.  He lives in Dumbarton though despite being a QoS fan so the move suits him. He will do good things with you and be a hard act to follow with us.

If people close to the game think it's worthwhile then fair enough, I'm all for mental health support being available to players at all levels of the game. If that is more the role though rather than religious or spiritual advice I'd suggest a name change from Club Chaplain, as it does give off the wrong impression, an outdated one IMO.

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
34 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
I'll tell him you said that!

Oops, I must have dreamt that. I'll download Wigwam Bam in his honour (the older fans will understand).

Not seen him for a bit, but who knows given recent developments. 

He's great company in the pub, hundreds of stories. His hands are a mess though. He hasn't a finger that points in the same direction. I don't know how, he never saved much.

Rohan Ferguson is reportedly on trial at Falkirk at the moment, so we can potentially rule him out. Although I can't see him displacing Robbie Mutch there.
I'd have liked to see us go for Motherwell's PJ Morrison, but with Scott Fox out for the season I'd imagine he'll be their #2 this year. Not really sure who else is kicking about and a free agent at the moment.

We might have a chance with Hamilton’s Jamie Smith - potential loan deal

On 18/08/2020 at 11:11, Jan Vojáček said:

Rohan Ferguson is reportedly on trial at Falkirk at the moment, so we can potentially rule him out. Although I can't see him displacing Robbie Mutch there.

I'd have liked to see us go for Motherwell's PJ Morrison, but with Scott Fox out for the season I'd imagine he'll be their #2 this year. Not really sure who else is kicking about and a free agent at the moment.

I can't see Ferguson signing for us. He's no chance of displacing Mutch, given as  he was playing as first pick for Linfield he at an age where he needs to be first choice for someone. That said he's from Bathgate and fairly local so a gig with us might suit him if he's happy sitting on the bench picking up a wage. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

I can't see Ferguson signing for us. He's no chance of displacing Mutch, given as  he was playing as first pick for Linfield he at an age where he needs to be first choice for someone. That said he's from Bathgate and fairly local so a gig with us might suit him if he's happy sitting on the bench picking up a wage. 

Ping him a message telling him that plz. Plus if he does well for us there's a nice pathway to being Falkirk number one - as Danny Rogers will testify. 

52 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Hi folks, we done an interview with Joe McKee - link below if you wanna read! Cheers!

https://www.stonewallermag.co.uk/post/joe-mckee-curtain-call

That's some really in-depth stuff, good job. Glad there's at least one Bairn who doesn't think Joe McKee is the anti-Christ too!

On 18/08/2020 at 00:31, Rising Sons said:

So to get away from the debate about the pronunciation of Ruaridh, does anyone have any thoughts on who we might bring in as a goalkeeper? Loan player?  .........CUE THE ANNUAL GOALIE DEBATE

On 18/08/2020 at 11:11, Jan Vojáček said:

Ross Sinclair is likely to be available for loan in a couple of weeks, once Clark is back from his injury.

I miss St JohnSons.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ross Sinclair is likely to be available for loan in a couple of weeks, once Clark is back from his injury.

I miss St JohnSons.

Oh aye, I'd forgotten all about Ross Sinclair. I take it there are still high hopes for him at Saints? 

I'm currently doing my best to keep the St JohnSons flame alive by wearing my Sons top in Perthshire as I type this. One day our clubs will reunite. The St JohnSons agreement had something unique and special, and not even Jim Duffy's weird spat with Tommy Wright early last season could break that.

Well guys my journey has had it's ups and downs since I started as Kenny's assistant many moons ago then took charge after he left. Had a two year holiday after one too many fall outs with AJ( he's still a pal though). Didn't think I'd be closing the gates for the last time today, but heh hoh life goes on. Worked myself all through the summer and hopefully I've left a pitch that will last the winter, I wouldn't put any money on it though. Not my doing I must add. I'll still be looking in, here's hoping you have a cracking season and get back up to the championship. All the best guys. [emoji106][emoji106]ps just a couple of pics how I've left it. 20200813_140840.thumb.jpeg.0b10036af410d1f729bedc49d28e734d.jpeg20200813_140615.thumb.jpeg.08afe8f35297a6cbdc798145ca4f5cdf.jpeg20200820_150752.thumb.jpeg.5510f0e854d7328540183159b35125e3.jpeg20200813_140754.thumb.jpeg.8ddbde3fd91a5f4be9f9e05ad3856adf.jpeg
Thank you for everything you have done in your time with DFC.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Thanks for all your work mate, you've been great.

I must say I do worry a bit about the fact you're saying we'll need that park to see through the winter - is the plan to go ahead with no groundstaff at all?

I would say its impossible to not have groundstaff unless we plan to rename our ground 'NEW BOGHEAD'.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Thanks for all your work mate, you've been great.

I must say I do worry a bit about the fact you're saying we'll need that park to see through the winter - is the plan to go ahead with no groundstaff at all?

No idea what they have planned for ground staff, It's more the fact the summer work only got done 4 weeks ago so the pitch lost out on two months intensive growing. That's when the dodgy areas thicken up and give it a fighting chance. Plus if there is any extra games on it, which could be in their plans then it could be disaterous. IMHO.