Sons' sorrow

Just now, The Moonster said:

Duffy out.

Be stunned if your new owners keep him. I'd expect more or less every single one of those players will be out the door as well to make way for the next lot of Schmeichels and Ibrahimovics.

5 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

Be stunned if your new owners keep him. I'd expect more or less every single one of those players will be out the door as well to make way for the next lot of Schmeichels and Ibrahimovics.

Unfortunately we'll be getting Schmemovics and Ibrahichels though.

Job done.

Duffy did well to rescue the season when he took over from Stevie Aitken but last year was a disappointment and this season has been terrible. I absolutely accept that there were problems beyond the manager's control, but summer 2019 he kept us waiting far too long to confirm his future and then couldn't build a good enough team. This summer we built a terrible squad and got lucky. It was dire stuff.

Delighted we stayed up. Duffy should be clearing out his desk tomorrow and the board should be looking for a new first team manager and assistant. We can't go into next season with Duffy in charge.

Delighted that we got through and delighted that horror show of a season is behind us. Thanks to Duffy and the players for the effort they put in to keep us up, but him and the majority of them should be saying goodbye to the club.

Rebuild will be interesting

i don’t think we can get rid of everyone . I’d say we need to be keeping about 4/5 and bringing in rest.

who that is I don’t really know 

if get rid of everyone’ rebuild will be too much and we will struggle as I don’t think we can afford a good enough squad 

Now that the season has ended, and thankfully we've retained our Division One status, I think it's reasonable to expect the new club ownership to step out from the wings and now take centre stage - I think that would provide assurance and certainty for everyone connected with DFC at the local level.  It's been reported that Henning Kristofferson has extensive football connections so I imagine that some sort of plan will now be implemented to quickly address the playing side of things ahead of next season.

Over to you Mr Kristofferson, time to reveal yourself and your plan, and provide direction and support for the DFC Board of Directors. 

So now that the season has ended and we’ve retained our league one status, for the squad id like to see

KEEP - Ramsbottom  (needs competition for his place though) McGeever, Neill, McAlister (doubtful), Wardrop, Carswell, Wedderburn and Wilson.

I think Wilson could do well with a partner up top and some forward thinking management so let’s see what happens there.

Just now, CatAlan said:

So now that the season has ended and we’ve retained our league one status, for the squad id like to see

KEEP - Ramsbottom  (needs competition for his place though) McGeever, Neill, McAlister (doubtful), Wardrop, Carswell, Wedderburn and Wilson.

I think Wilson could do well with a partner up top and some forward thinking management so let’s see what happens there.

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd move carswell on.  Has the odd good game but has been pretty anonymous for 2 years now.  Actually think he is better at centre back.

1 minute ago, Thommo90 said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd move carswell on.  Has the odd good game but has been pretty anonymous for 2 years now.  Actually think he is better at centre back.

He certainly hasn’t been the force of old for the last year or so but I do like him. I think he just needs to be in a midfield that is more attack-minded to suit him. 

2 minutes ago, CatAlan said:

No chance I'd keep Ramsbottom. Can't be doing with a bomb scare in goal - even as back up. Too much of a liability. Also wouldn't keep Carswell or Wedderburn. Both have been disappointing but I could see us keeping 1 of the 2.

I'm not as convinced about Wilson either but in a creative team he would score a few (but miss a lot more).

7 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

No chance I'd keep Ramsbottom. Can't be doing with a bomb scare in goal - even as back up. Too much of a liability. Also wouldn't keep Carswell or Wedderburn. Both have been disappointing but I could see us keeping 1 of the 2.

I'm not as convinced about Wilson either but in a creative team he would score a few (but miss a lot more).

I think Ramsbottom is a decent keeper. He does have his hairy moments but who doesn’t at this level. I’d definitely want someone to push him but since he came in he’s kept us in games more than he’s cost us (the ridiculous Forfar goal aside).

I think someone would need to create chances for Wilson but I think given chances he’d score goals. I also think given support Jones would do a job too but that’s not a commonly held opinion on here so I darent say it too loud.😂

Edited by CatAlan