Sons' sorrow

Well that was some unexpected pleasing news for a Thursday evening. Surely, as has been said, there must be a gaffer waiting in the wings to okay these things? 

McGeever had options elsewhere, so it's nice to see him sticking with the club. More bullet headers from corners plz big man.

Two year deal oaft.  I don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world having a few players signed up before getting the new manager in since a few clubs are moving fast but it certainly is a bit mad.

From what’s been said on here he had a few other options so it’s nice to see he’s chosen us - especially with Darvel probably throwing a wedge at him

Not sure I agree with signing players without a manager in place. I really hope this isn’t John Steele desperately chucking offers at players in a bid to fend of other clubs and appease the “another wasted summer” Facebook mob.

Big McGeever has been a good player for us and I’d like to see him and Neill back at the rock next season.

Edited by THE CHOSEN SON

5 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

What should Stenhousemuir FC expect from Nat Wedderburn? I understand we're getting a lightening-fast midfielder with pace to burn, but what else will he bring to the table?

Is Nat Wedderburn a bad player? Absolutely not. Does Nat Wedderburn need legs beside him in the midfield much like Ross Forbes? Absofuckinglutely! You boys are 2 big hoofers at the back away from total Duffyball ©️

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Is Nat Wedderburn a bad player? Absolutely not. Does Nat Wedderburn need legs beside him in the midfield much like Ross Forbes? Absofuckinglutely! You boys are 2 big hoofers at the back away from total Duffyball ©️

Yeah, Wedderburn had some good games but for me was much overrated throughout the season. Much like Forbes, he didn't perform well anywhere near consistently enough, in my opinion. 

A great first touch, a good protector of the ball and strong guy. Doesn't create, doesn't shoot. He'll sit in front of the defence and tidy up all day.

What should Stenhousemuir FC expect from Nat Wedderburn? I understand we're getting a lightening-fast midfielder with pace to burn, but what else will he bring to the table?

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I like him. A great pass, great strength and an excellent touch. I'd have kept him if we could've got young legs around him, I'll be sad if we keep Carswell and Nat goes. 

Just heard that Nat's left...                                                                but McGeever's staying...

Ohhh...Alright... - Wikipedia                                                                      Roy Lichtenstein | Gagosian