Sons' sorrow

£3-5 entry fee at turnstyle. Folk will not be put off paying that amount as they know it's going to be a donation to club. Limit it to 200 or so and double up the ticket as a lottery to win a signed shirt from this season.  

Open bar, pie stall and club shop as usual. Use the day as a recruitment drive for season tickets (and trust).  Launch of new kit if that was feasible. 

Lennox Brewery set up a wee stall for bottles to take pressure off main bar.

Only downfall to this plan is restrictions meaning extra staff costs etc plus Scotland not getting humped and everyone leaving at half time. 

Edited by PWL

9 hours ago, super-son said:

Why would people want to watch from the supporters bar over going to a pub though? Serious question, not trying to be negative.

Pubs have better drink selection and better prices.

What's the enticement?

What can we do better than a pub to attract punters?

The usual pubs in the High St that are decent for football, the clipper and the counting House are closed and the rest will be rammed (as much as they can be). We have a huge function suite that might feel a bit more spacious and safe. As someone who's chucked the drink I'd find it way more appealing than a pub. 

The idea about a ticket inclusive of a raffle or something is a good idea  

I don't really care about the prices to be honest. It'd be nice and sociable for fans to get together in the same place in safety.

Chris Burke is said to be "considering his next steps in football." Out of contract at Killie, has ambitions to get into coaching, has been a model pro at a high level and would likely have a decent book of contacts.

I've no idea if he'd be interested in the job. But he's the sort of guy I'd like to see us take a chance on.

39 minutes ago, the snudge said:

🙄

Dear Lord Please NO!!!

11 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Chris Burke is said to be "considering his next steps in football." Out of contract at Killie, has ambitions to get into coaching, has been a model pro at a high level and would likely have a decent book of contacts.

I've no idea if he'd be interested in the job. But he's the sort of guy I'd like to see us take a chance on.

Step right this way MR Burke.....

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm fairly sure he could still do a job on the pitch at League One level for at least one season. It's really not a bad shout.

2 minutes ago, PWL said:

At least we can't make as big an arse of our manager appointment as Ross County.

Or can we....? 🙄

I'd like to hope the board are smart enough not to appoint a braindead racist. 

Anyone heard any names to fire out there yet? I've not even seen a shout for Barry Robson or John Kennedy yet. The rumour mill needs some work. 

On 25/05/2021 at 00:01, Nowhereman said:

Any truth in the Twitter rumour that Celtic are looking to use the Rock for their colts games. I know they were talking about it last season

Take their pitch hire money with one hand and raise two fingers with the other in response to their league structure aspirations. 

29 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Take their pitch hire money with one hand and raise two fingers with the other in response to their league structure aspirations. 

Our pitch struggled last year even when hardly used for months on end how! how would it cope with another team playing a full league campaign on it? 

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Our pitch struggled last year even when hardly used for months on end how! how would it cope with another team playing a full league campaign on it? 

Well at the moment it wouldn't but, as suggested elsewhere, there might be room through a variety of ways to address the pitch concern as part of any arrangement.  

I'm hoping the pitch was in such a state because of the pandemic situation. We saw how we delayed doing work to it at the start of the season (which backfired a wee bit) so I'm hoping with non-covid finances and a prospect of a normal season that we'll get the pitch in order. 

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm hoping the pitch was in such a state because of the pandemic situation. We saw how we delayed doing work to it at the start of the season (which backfired a wee bit) so I'm hoping with non-covid finances and a prospect of a normal season that we'll get the pitch in order. 

Given the Scotland U21s are due to play on it in a couple of weeks, I can't really see there being much time for anything more than a bit of Evergreen Complete 4 in 1. 

12 minutes ago, PWL said:

Given the Scotland U21s are due to play on it in a couple of weeks, I can't really see there being much time for anything more than a bit of Evergreen Complete 4 in 1. 

If we can remove the 3 ton of sand dumped on it, coupled with a bit of Evergreen, it might be okay. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

If we can remove the 3 ton of sand dumped on it, coupled with a bit of Evergreen, it might be okay. 

I thought that sand was to counter the subsidence? 

Edited by the snudge

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'd like to hope the board are smart enough not to appoint a braindead racist. 

Anyone heard any names to fire out there yet? I've not even seen a shout for Barry Robson or John Kennedy yet. The rumour mill needs some work. 

Peter Grant spotted in ASDA this morning picking up some Haribo.