Sons' sorrow

f**k buying a season ticket to see that absolutely idiots face every other week…

We are shambolic. Utterly shambolic. Get the protest ready for Saturday if he’s still in the dugout 

5 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

I'm not renewing while he's in charge. The club need to think long and hard about their next move because I'm sure there will be others thinking the same way.

Money's too tight to be giving it to Farrell to assemble another squad. 

The guy clearly hasn't got it.

I get folk from the club get charmed by the Farrell patter and I know he's sorted some comp tickets for games down south for some folk but put that aside and fucking bin him please.

I really can't argue with any of that, and there will be plenty of folk whose loyalty is not elastic and who could blame them ?  Tonight's scoreline is just the latest negative statistic in what has been another awful season.  Stevie Farrell's management isn't the sole reason we are almost certainly now relegated, but the playing buck stops with the Manager so go figure.  Such is the desperate situation at DFC however there is no certainty it will.

The public is not daft however, especially in the current dire economic climate, and the Chairman and Board members would do well to remember that.

1 minute ago, sarti pooh said:

If you want to catch a game down south he'll sort you out.

He's good for that at least.

Interesting. That’s a strange one.

Anyway, all I’d say is the club is not Stevie Farrell. Like Murray said, it belongs to the fans; the rest just pass through.

I’d still urge people to stick with the club and buy season tickets. Even if that clown is still in charge.

That really summed up the worst of us this season in 90 minutes. Although I left for a sprint to Haymarket to catch a train so missed the fourth goal (made an earlier one than I expected. Highlight of my night you'll all be glad to know).

We had a decent share of the ball. We had a lot of chances - albeit few of them golden - and we shipped three comical goals. An underhit back pass. An own goal and whatever the hell happened with the third. We were all over the shop there. 

Aside from our glaring individual errors, we lacked ideas going forward tonight. We were putting a lot of crosses into the area. But not many of them were great. And even when they were half decent, nine times out of 10 nobody was there to test the keeper.

There was no shortage of effort. But there was a shortage of a game plan. And I didn't think hooking both strikers at half time was a good move - unless it was injury related for one of them. It felt like the game was screaming out for Joe McKee to try and open their defence up and provide a killer pass.

Edinburgh City defended their box well and were clinical when they broke with pace. And that's all they needed to be. They'll have played better in games this season and probably not won. I honestly believe that. 

This leaves Faz and the club in an unenviable position for Saturday now. I really fear that the atmosphere could be toxic...although that might at least show some fight rather than the potential apathy when nobody bothers to turn up. Tonight, on an astro park, was the leg that should've suited us. We couldn't win the tie. But we could lose it. And unfortunately that's exactly what we did.

We're as good as down, barring a miracle, and so the board (and Faz himself) have a bit of time this week to work out what lies ahead. At this moment in time though it feels like he's lost the support completely, and the players are hardly looking like they are playing for him.

A grim night after a grim few seasons. Arguably one of my worst watching us actually. It was especially disappointing given we brought a really good support for a midweek game. 

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It felt like the game was screaming out for Joe McKee to try and open their defence up and provide a killer pass.

This.

We’ve been crying out for McKee all season and he’s been sat on the bench (along  with Wilson). 

We’ve been completely devoid of creativity and invention in the final third. It must be a deliberate ploy from Faz at this point.

15 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That really summed up the worst of us this season in 90 minutes. Although I left for a sprint to Haymarket to catch a train so missed the fourth goal (made an earlier one than I expected. Highlight of my night you'll all be glad to know).

We had a decent share of the ball. We had a lot of chances - albeit few of them golden - and we shipped three comical goals. An underhit back pass. An own goal and whatever the hell happened with the third. We were all over the shop there. 

Aside from our glaring individual errors, we lacked ideas going forward tonight. We were putting a lot of crosses into the area. But not many of them were great. And even when they were half decent, nine times out of 10 nobody was there to test the keeper.

There was no shortage of effort. But there was a shortage of a game plan. And I didn't think hooking both strikers at half time was a good move - unless it was injury related for one of them. It felt like the game was screaming out for Joe McKee to try and open their defence up and provide a killer pass.

Edinburgh City defended their box well and were clinical when they broke with pace. And that's all they needed to be. They'll have played better in games this season and probably not won. I honestly believe that. 

This leaves Faz and the club in an unenviable position for Saturday now. I really fear that the atmosphere could be toxic...although that might at least show some fight rather than the potential apathy when nobody bothers to turn up. Tonight, on an astro park, was the leg that should've suited us. We couldn't win the tie. But we could lose it. And unfortunately that's exactly what we did.

We're as good as down, barring a miracle, and so the board (and Faz himself) have a bit of time this week to work out what lies ahead. At this moment in time though it feels like he's lost the support completely, and the players are hardly looking like they are playing for him.

A grim night after a grim few seasons. Arguably one of my worst watching us actually. It was especially disappointing given we brought a really good support for a midweek game. 

Presumably there won’t be an interview with the manager going up if you had to rush off for a train?

I morbidly would like to see what he has to say.

I was going to ask for a late start on Saturday to watch the game, but I don’t think I’ll bother now. I’ll probably buy the stream to give the club cash, but that’s it.

I hope that clown does his usual and comes on here and has a read at what people think about his signings etc like he did before. if he does he’ll see how people are completely finished giving them a chance. 

He’s finished and he has to go. Like I said plan the protest. Turn up on Saturday and let him know which direction he can f**k off to cause he’s finished at this football club 

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Presumably there won’t be an interview with the manager going up if you had to rush off for a train?

I morbidly would like to see what he has to say.

I was going to ask for a late start on Saturday to watch the game, but I don’t think I’ll bother now. I’ll probably buy the stream to give the club cash, but that’s it.

Not from me I'm afraid, no. I may be able to get my hands (or ears) on one of anyone else hung about though.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

Not from me I'm afraid, no. I may be able to get my hands (or ears) on one of anyone else hung about though.

Don’t go to any bother, Jan. it’s all white noise at this point.

I don’t envy you having to talk up us being able to make a game of it for Saturday on the commentary! 

In all seriousness though, the streams have been fantastic for me being down here. I’ll really miss them when they’re gone (as poor as we’ve been since they began under Duffy). 

Maybe I’ll just get a job in Glasgow and move up so I can see us every week. While we still have a team to support.

The fact we have a player of the year bash is sinful. 

dutthie literally picked up and award for “trying hard”. Shambles 

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Also, can we please take a moment to acknowledge that he took Oyinsan and Syvertsen off at half time?

”Get the first goal Saturday and it’s game on” - Stevie Farrell (probably)

To be fair to Farrell, Oyinsan was worse than a man down in the first half. Either not fit or not good enough, most likely a combination of the two. The change at half time had us playing with more width and to be fair we had a decent spell just before and after our goal. Their third completely killed our momentum.

None of which should change the fact that Farrell should be punted immediately after full time on Saturay. Irrespective of any unlikely miracle.

8 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

To be fair to Farrell, Oyinsan was worse than a man down in the first half. Either not fit or not good enough, most likely a combination of the two. The change at half time had us playing with more width and to be fair we had a decent spell just before and after our goal. Their third completely killed our momentum.

None of which should change the fact that Farrell should be punted immediately after full time on Saturay. Irrespective of any unlikely miracle.

Appreciate you’re not exactly defending Farrell but Oyinsan being not good enough or not fit enough is on him.

I heard their third was totally against the run of play (three cleared off the line for us?). 

Regardless, it’s a fitting end to a shambolic season. I wish there wasn’t a part of me that believed we could’ve stayed up. It was apparent Farrell had no chance of doing that (to me, at least, maybe earlier for others) after the last East Fife and Falkirk games. 

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Only after we’ve all chipped in for a ‘get DobbiesAgent off pie and bovril’ fund.

Lol 😂 it’s an opinion you don’t need to read them