Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

The best thing that fans can do? Support the Sons Trust and start demanding better from the club board. We need  far better from those running the club because our impending relegation is only one aspect of a far bigger and more serious picture.

Does the person elected to represent the supporters gather these concerns and pass them on? Other than attending the recent AGM there doesn’t seem to be much canvassing of supporters opinions done. How are supporters able to demand more from the board? What route can they take to even contact anyone on the board? 

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

You misunderstand me, I'm not on any high horse or having a go at people for not buying season tickets. Its completely understandable that folk are struggling just to meet the insane costs of living at the moment, and a football club that has shown total apathy towards staying in League One, hardly screams that it deserves anyone's hard-earned. I'm just pointing out that it plays into the downward spiral from the cost of relegation. 

Or on the other hand it makes the board realise people are voting with their feet and wont pay to watch what is being served up. The owners might want to see us deid, the board dont (well at least some of them).

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

There have been more posts on our twitter about this fucking lottery draw than there were tweets on the biggest game of the season. 

The social media output has been nothing short of a disgrace. We still haven’t had an update on Twitter regarding the player of the year (lol) award winners. 

I fully appreciate we need volunteers for this sort of thing but see when you have good ones, don’t fucking drive them out the door. I know for a fact we had a volunteer, who is professionally trained in media and works in that field full-time, who was hugely disrespect by our ‘general manager’ earlier this season to the point he told them to ram it. This person put in a shit load of time and effort and singlehandedly sorted out every streaming issue. They also got our engagement on Twitter through the roof and have produced some proper top notch content for the club over the years.

I know of another volunteer who was approached at a game (by board members) and told to stop posting stuff on social media. This person couldn’t have been more level headed (and respectful) in their postings if they tried, believe me. This person also gives up a shitload of time to the club.

We have people running our club who don’t have a fucking clue. They don’t know how to treat people and they don’t value them when they have them. They don’t appreciate that sometimes these volunteers know better than they do and afford them the trust to run with certain things. 

41 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Does the person elected to represent the supporters gather these concerns and pass them on? Other than attending the recent AGM there doesn’t seem to be much canvassing of supporters opinions done. How are supporters able to demand more from the board? What route can they take to even contact anyone on the board? 

Get in touch with the trust. Make your concerns known. The trust board reps are available before matches to discuss anything you want to and the trust has been raising concerns with the board for some time. Grab Stephanie before the game. She's approachable and will listen to concerns you put to her directly. Get in touch with the club - put your concerns to the club via email and see how they respond. There has to be an element of fans being proactive. The more active fans are then the stronger the trust voice is. We really need the support to be engaged and active because that's how we'll force the club board to listen and take action. 

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Bonnyrigg was far worse. A Championship club losing at home to a junior club was our absolute worst. Edinburgh City are only five places below us the league system.

No chance, a highly motivated junior club beating us in a one-off game (albeit after a reply) where we took our foot off the gas is far less embarrassing than a full season of underachieving being topped off with a horrific pumping in the most important game - that we were expected to win.

Would also like to point out Wright is just as stinking as Ramsbottom in his own individual ways. I’d actually rather have Sam in goals 

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The social media output has been nothing short of a disgrace. We still haven’t had an update on Twitter regarding the player of the year (lol) award winners. 

I fully appreciate we need volunteers for this sort of thing but see when you have good ones, don’t fucking drive them out the door. I know for a fact we had a volunteer, who is professionally trained in media and works in that field full-time, who was hugely disrespect by our ‘general manager’ earlier this season to the point he told them to ram it. This person put in a shit load of time and effort and singlehandedly sorted out every streaming issue. They also got our engagement on Twitter through the roof and have produced some proper top notch content for the club over the years.

I know of another volunteer who was approached at a game (by board members) and told to stop posting stuff on social media. This person couldn’t have been more level headed (and respectful) in their postings if they tried, believe me. This person also gives up a shitload of time to the club.

We have people running our club who don’t have a fucking clue. They don’t know how to treat people and they don’t value them when they have them. They don’t appreciate that sometimes these volunteers know better than they do and afford them the trust to run with certain things. 

How can we chase these idiots out of the club though? Genuine question.

The ownership is one thing but the folk running the club day-to-day are making an arse of it as well and I think they need to be made aware of that. 

Qualified volunteers who were doing stellar jobs being chased away is absolutely ridiculous. I’d heard of people getting slapped wrists for the twitter content but your post takes it to another level. Total hypocrisy from the club to be engaging with the young sons and then chasing folk away for producing some decent twitter patter that creates a bit of a buzz with the younger generation - clueless.

I was actually thinking back to that Peterhead game when we got pumped 5-0 after being on a decent run. I remember saying to my mate that was a huge warning sign for me and he thought I was off my head given the good run we’d been on. 

Then came the man management issues. We had two guys in McKee and Wilson who went off the boil. Both of them are the type of guys who need an arm around the shoulder and their confidence built up, and Farrell just completely shunned the both of them. I’ve never known a manager who is just so devoid of being able to build confidence in his players, does he think just chucking them aside will do that? Young Wilson is the best prospect we’ve had at the club in years and Farrell has completely ruined him this season. I hope for his sake he can kick start things again next season under a manager who knows what he’s doing with a young prospect like him.

When things got slightly tough the wheels just came off in dramatic fashion and it turned into a complete mess. Numerous individual errors every game, players shunned to the bench, a manager who was dribbling more shite after every game and a squad of players who looked so unbelievably low on confidence and disorganised it was frightening. 

If this guy is allowed to remain in charge in League 2 next season it’s an absolute kick in the teeth, his time was up 6 months ago and every single fan knows it, even his most loyal of supporters must know it.

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Get in touch with the trust. Make your concerns known. The trust board reps are available before matches to discuss anything you want to and the trust has been raising concerns with the board for some time. Grab Stephanie before the game. She's approachable and will listen to concerns you put to her directly. Get in touch with the club - put your concerns to the club via email and see how they respond. There has to be an element of fans being proactive. The more active fans are then the stronger the trust voice is. We really need the support to be engaged and active because that's how we'll force the club board to listen and take action. 

The SPFL can’t get a response from the club, so much so they resort to chasing up former volunteers on a weekly basis, so I think you’d be pissing into the wind contacting them direct. I don’t make many games these days due to work so speaking to the Trust directly isn’t really an option for me unfortunately. 

It is absolutly embarrising. his interview is full of him just throwing other people under the bus and taking no blame himself....reminds me of his mentor

If anything good comes of this, please god let it be that we sack him

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Or on the other hand it makes the board realise people are voting with their feet and wont pay to watch what is being served up. The owners might want to see us deid, the board dont (well at least some of them).

Maybe.

With a bit of luck we bin Farrell, bring someone half-decent in and have a season where we are winning games regularly. Something we haven't done in a long time and might bring in better crowds, in spite of us playing at a lower level. A winning team is the best way to bring the fans back.

2 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

No chance, a highly motivated junior club beating us in a one-off game (albeit after a reply) where we took our foot off the gas is far less embarrassing than a full season of underachieving being topped off with a horrific pumping in the most important game - that we were expected to win.

There is absolutely no doubt that last night was more important than the Bonnyrigg game but I can't honestly say I expected us to win. Hoped, yes but nowhere near expected. 

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

That Facebook group is something else man.

"Get Bryan Prunty to win the tie"

"We'll win on away goals"

"It's still all to play for".

Bonkers.

I would like to endorse this particularly strategy.

It breaks my heart to see the club I love in such dire straits. I will be buying a season ticket however. We need every penny we can get.

I think our best hope is an active and animated trust. Hats off to the individuals we keep it busy.

I have no faith whatsoever in the ownership and not much in the current board.

As to last night, we gifted them three goals. One gift can happen, two is concidence but three is incompetence. Farrell has to be answerable for that.

Stay up and there is a likelihood of Farrell remaining with much more of the same dross in an even tougher division.  Go down and there is at least the chance that he'll be punted with someone hopefully better coming in.  I also think that there could be a real problem attracting players to the club if the Board shits the bed here and does hee-haw.

Personally I've now seen all I need to see.