Sons' sorrow

12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Young trialist Finlay Gray confirmed.

I haven’t seen any of the friendlies so I’ve nae idea how he’s looked but he done fairly well in the Lowland League last year so he’s the type of guy I’m happy to see join the club. 

Saw him in action against Caley Braves and thought he looked decent enough.

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

I see he's just mentioned as a midfielder on the site. Can anyone add any more than that? 

I believe a central midfielder who can also play on the right wing. Happy to add him to the squad but it's an area we're well covered. I still think we look weak at the back with no depth there at all. 

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I believe a central midfielder who can also play on the right wing. Happy to add him to the squad but it's an area we're well covered. I still think we look weak at the back with no depth there at all. 

I believe he can also cover at full back and featured there at some point during the friendlies.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I believe he can also cover at full back and featured there at some point during the friendlies.

Fair enough, happy to have a young local guy on board, hopefully he gets his chance to impress. 

34 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Can't quite get my head round today's team sheet. It's either a 4-2-3-1, or a 4-4-2 that doesn't make sense. I guess we'll know in 15 minutes.

I thought it might have been a 4-3-3

Or a 4-3-2-1

Can anyone at the game confirm what it is?

It’s a 442/4411 with David Wilson wide right, where he doesn’t look comfortable at all, whilst Orsi and C Wilson sit on the bench. That’s been a couple of times now McKee has found space and looked to play a ball out to the right and D Wilson has drifted inside meaning we have naebdy there. 

Farrell is horny as f**k for playing folk out of position when he has no need to.

We’re crying out for a natural right mid. David Wilson has looked a bit lost out there. I’d like to see Callum Wilson or Orsi introduced early in the 2nd half.

Big McNiff has been really dominant and Ryan Wallace has looked dangerous but hasn’t quite managed to link up with Byrne yet. Byrne hasn’t really been in the game.

Pitch looks great. Wallace is doing everything. Pleased with him. Brett Long pulled off a great one handed reaction save. He also came out with the head and saved things when the centre halves had missed a through ball.

Usual suspects struggling today. McLean spending more time arguing with the ref than actually doing anything. Mckee having no impact on the game. The rest are working hard but the lack of any focus up front is limiting our chances. At times Wallace is drifting to try and find space. 

I'd be tempted to replace Mckee and McLean with Wilson and Orsi. Let those 2 play wide, have David Wilson in the middle to help Carswell and see if Wallace and Byrne can work any better when one isn't leaving the other isolated.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Usual suspects struggling today. McLean spending more time arguing with the ref than actually doing anything. Mckee having no impact on the game. The rest are working hard but the lack of any focus up front is limiting our chances. At times Wallace is drifting to try and find space. 

I'd be tempted to replace Mckee and McLean with Wilson and Orsi. Let those 2 play wide, have David Wilson in the middle to help Carswell and see if Wallace and Byrne can work any better when one isn't leaving the other isolated.

I honestly thought McKee was good in that half, Carsy has been a ghost. Bring Orsi or Wilson on at right mid and we'll look more balanced. 

I actually think McKee has looked ok, he’s trying to get his foot on the ball but he doesn’t have many options when he does. Carswell on the other hand is just chasing shadows, we really need him to be in there breaking up play and offering the simple pass when required. 

Wallace and Long have looked good and big McNiff has looked solid at the back. Farrell really has to bin this D Wilson out wide malarky asap, you could tell that even big McGeever was perplexed by it.