Sons' sorrow

I was thinking a few weeks ago that a loan spell could be good for all parties so I'm glad this has happened. But I sincerely hope there's someone coming in as we're pretty short on numbers. Iirc, we now have 19 players and with injuries and suspensions bound to kick in, we could do with another player or two imo.

I've just listened to the podcast and thought it was excellent. I like listening to the terrace lower league podcasts and this was very similar except it was all about the Sons which is (obviously) right up my street. Great job Jan, Chris and Shaun.

32 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You’d certainly like to think so. I don’t imagine he’s on peanuts given he was given an improved contract after some good form last year. Broomhill clearly have a bit of money behind them so hopefully they are paying full whack for him.

It will be interesting to find out if Broomhill play him at his default position of left-back.  It always surprised me that we never really saw what he had to offer there, but Paddy Boyle had a chokehold on that position last season.

I would expect a player to now be incoming, perhaps another Wilson, Jaime of that ilk 😉

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It will be interesting to find out if Broomhill play him at his default position of left-back.  It always surprised me that we never really saw what he had to offer there, but Paddy Boyle had a chokehold on that position last season.

I would expect a player to now be incoming, perhaps another Wilson, Jaime of that ilk 😉

I've never believed he's a full back for what it's worth. Plays like a winger, looks like a winger size wise, wears an attacking shirt number, useless going backwards...

Stevie Fraud has spotted that Wilson isn't going to make any impact with us at this time and rightly acted to send him out to a lower level. Broomhill Stramash Open All Mics f**k Boi FC are shite and the Lowland League is probably closer to Callum's level, so a good move for all. Hopefully he develops a bit and comes back ready to use the last six months of his Dumbarton contract to make a point, if he comes back and hasn't improved then we don't have him hanging around for two years drawing a wage, sensible from the manager. 

Keen to see who we're bringing in to flesh out the squad.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

The away section at Ibrox is a shambles. The nuttier fans make a point of congregating at the segregation area. I also stayed clear of the home games as the travelling Rangers support tends to be worse than the home crowd.

Whilst I know that to have been true back when we were in the same division in the Championship, I'd have to say there were absolutely no issues at all at Ibrox last night. We had about 900 fans there and none have yet reported any issues. I've seen a few comment online about it being much less unpleasant than previous visits.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Whilst I know that to have been true back when we were in the same division in the Championship, I'd have to say there were absolutely no issues at all at Ibrox last night. We had about 900 fans there and none have yet reported any issues. I've seen a few comment online about it being much less unpleasant than previous visits.

Yes, around that time they moved the Union Bears to the other end of the stand, away from the visiting support.  

Good to see Wilson go get games and build up some confidence.  But some of the comments on the facebook page are a bit wild.  Comments like - "ludicrous that he isn't involved on a regular basis" and "at least they'll appreciate him" - do these weapons watch our games, or are they just arse licking? 

1 minute ago, Thommo90 said:

Good to see Wilson go get games and build up some confidence.  But some of the comments on the facebook page are a bit wild.  Comments like - "ludicrous that he isn't involved on a regular basis" and "at least they'll appreciate him" - do these weapons watch our games, or are they just arse licking? 

Genuinely think some of them are no more than "well-wishers". Frequently see stuff on there that has me cringing or scratching my head.

23 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

I see rangers b game on Saturday and hone game after that are postponed ??? Has their been a fall out between the clubs after the love tackle ?

I think the home game after that (Berwick) clashes with the Challenge Cup, so I don't think the tackle heard around the world will have had any bearing.

59 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

I see rangers b game on Saturday and hone game after that are postponed ??? Has their been a fall out between the clubs after the love tackle ?

A well kent sons fan (if you know me you will know who) was sporting his Dumbarton top in the high street today and got some tramp shouting shit about Ally at him across the street.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Are we witnessing the birth of the first ever Broomhill fan? An historic moment for fans of made up on the spot teams / marketing gimmicks.

Screenshot_20220831-154234.png

Not really, I just get fed up of the infantile use of names to describe teams, regardless of who they are. 👍🏻