Sons' sorrow

If Farrell had any decency then he'd walk after that. There's absolutely no excuse for just how bad we were.

If the board had any kind of bottle then Farrell would be cleaning out his desk tomorrow even if it wasn't his choice.

Sadly we'll be back in July watching the same players who fucked it this year play for the same manager. I don't see how Farrell can continue with the same players and the same lack of a plan B and expect anything to be different next season? What changes between now and next  season? Farrell suddenly learns how to change tactics for the better? Players suddenly grow a spine and a pair of testicles and don't bottle the big games?

Nah. It'll be the same rubbish on show and the same shambles of a board in charge, because ultimately we'll have the same crooked owner trying to find a way to f**k us over for a bit of money.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

5 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Fans calling for managers to "walk" are truly stupid. 

Roond yeez.

If we're bad then what does it say about your mob with our cast offs? If the likes of Wedderburn and Forbes are too pish for us then your mob must be really woeful.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Are we again powerless to force Farrell out?

Aye and no.  It's up to the club and manager to some extent.

But withholding your cash and telling them why, might work if done in sufficient numbers.

Personally, I've bought my season ticket and would still go if it was bad.  

9 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I think describing one appearance all season as regular is where fantasy has been entered.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordan-white/profil/spieler/124577

They class the split as a seperate "stage", so start calculating from the start of it again, if youve not figured it out yet.

We had a £100k bid for White rejected a few months ago, in one of the most bizarre transfer sagas ive ever heard of as nobody could win no matter what the outcome. 

I’m not blaming Greg Wylde for last night’s loss, as embarassingly bad as he was - he was one of many, but he’s a great example of how terribly inept and clueless Stevie Farrell is. This is a guy who’s now been hooked within 45 minutes (last night he lasted 25 minutes) TWICE in the last 2 months for being so bad and he’s offered him a new deal. Not only that, he deems him fit to be captain in certain games when he pulls out of 50/50s and is probably the last player in team I’d consider one who ‘leads by example’. It’s bad enough he’s regualrly part of the starting 11 but the new deal really is mind blowing.

7 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

As things stand this club could in quite a short space of time be heading towards the bottom of the Scottish football league and possibly beyond into whatever tier then applies.

And if it comes to pass then no-one could say they weren't warned.

That's certainly what the form table and the same diddies being around next season would suggest.

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/club-statement/ 

Well this aged like milk.  I expect we’ll get another one of these where it’s all about the process, we’re building for the future and promotion isn’t a given.  

This was a complete repeat of last season.  Assemble a decent squad on paper, start with some positive results, then slowly decline over the season until it all collapses in the play-offs.  What’s the constant between those two seasons I wonder? 

Two campaigns where he has failed multiple times in each.  He fucked 8th or above in League 1, then proceeded to embarrass us in the playoffs resulting in relegation.  He fucked the league, then proceeded to embarrass us in the playoffs even more than the last time.

The contract extension was absolutely ludicrous.  As has been said, no one was going to come in for him, there was a lot of football still to play, and despite good results there was always a sense that they wouldn’t last due to lacklustre performances.

We had over a month to prepare for the play-offs.  That result is inexcusable.  

I didn’t renew my season ticket last season, and I won’t be coming back this year unless the board listens to the fans or Farrell falls on his sword.  Neither of these things are going to happen.  We’ll get the same song and dance we got from Farrell and the board last season.  “People who know me know I’m not a quitter” “We’re as disappointed as you are” etc etc.  We are most likely stuck with this loser until 2025.

To quote Farrell - “Now let’s go and strive for more of those good times, and give 150 years of the club the ending to the season that it deserves.”

We certainly got what we deserved.

6 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Well this aged like milk.  I expect we’ll get another one of these where it’s all about the process, we’re building for the future and promotion isn’t a given.  

This was a complete repeat of last season.  Assemble a decent squad on paper, start with some positive results, then slowly decline over the season until it all collapses in the play-offs.  What’s the constant between those two seasons I wonder? 

Two campaigns where he has failed multiple times in each.  He fucked 8th or above in League 1, then proceeded to embarrass us in the playoffs resulting in relegation.  He fucked the league, then proceeded to embarrass us in the playoffs even more than the last time.

The contract extension was absolutely ludicrous.  As has been said, no one was going to come in for him, there was a lot of football still to play, and despite good results there was always a sense that they wouldn’t last due to lacklustre performances.

I didn’t renew my season ticket last season, and I won’t be coming back this year unless the board listens to the fans or Farrell falls on his sword.  Neither of these things are going to happen.  We’ll get the same song and dance we got from Farrell and the board last season.  “People who know me know I’m not a quitter” “We’re as disappointed as you are” etc etc.  We are most likely stuck with this loser until 2025.

To quote Farrell - “Now let’s go and strive for more of those good times, and give 150 years of the club the ending to the season that it deserves.”

Farrell gave himself away in the post match interview last night "we set up like we have all season"

Well Stevie, the rest of the League had us worked out by Christmas & you couldn't even learn from the whipping Annan gave us in April.

The players need to have a look at themselves after last night as well. There’s quite a difference between being shite with 10 men and absolutely chucking a promotion play-off and losing 6-0.

The blame ultimately lies with Faz for not motivating the squad and for signing / continuing to play the same dross players week after week - and then going one further and actually extending their contracts. I found his comments after the game bizarre, throwing the players under bus. 

We’ve got a total loser mentality running through the whole club, from the owners to the managers and it treacle’s down into the players. We ain’t getting promoted with this manager and group of players next season either. If we’re up to me, I’d replace Farrell in the summer and freshen things up but it’s only a short term solution because we’re stuck with the same dross squad, board and owners. 

It’s pretty depressing state our club is in at the moment.

27 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Perfect post.