Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I've no idea what the fucks going on. I thought Pendragon provided a loan and have the security over that land. That old p***k Henning said he would pay the liabilities himself if everything went tits up, did he not?

And that's precisely what the owners want.  But don't worry, club officials are probably in the same boat.

11 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

And that's precisely what the owners want.  But don't worry, club officials are probably in the same boat.

I think we need to stop referring to them as owners. It's an owner and it's been the same owner all along, he's just playing chess with our assets until he somehow flukes a profit. I hope the Trust know more than what is being shared and pieced together on here and I fully appreciate that confidentiality is required with some issues but I feel a lot more needs shared with the wider fanbase than is currently out there. 

Screenshot_20230819-174402_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7145d88ab4d3f6c8618411589e282df4.jpg

Guy watching his first game can see that we're far better when we get the ball down and play thru midfield, yet Farrell still let's our defence send aimless lumps up the park week in, week out.

Ok, he sorted it at HT today, but why 1) let it start at all and 2) not change during the half, he's allowed to communicate from the side.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Did anyone managed to buy the game on Saturday or hear of anyone being able to?

I’m pretty disappointed tbh. I even pointed it out to the club and heard nothing back. Judging by the highlights, there was commentary, so did we just have zero viewers? I was very happy to pay up for it. Seems crazy that the club would miss out on even a small amount of revenue.

Edited by FifeSons

On 18/08/2023 at 15:33, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d rather stick with what we’ve got than trying to encourage those insufferable c***s to attend our games.

Fair but I don’t think our target audience would be the Union Bears or the Green Brigade. More about encouraging them supporters with young families to maybe bring them along and support the local club if they aren’t travelling the country supporting Celtic/rangers on those given days 

Just heard today, Wednesday 23 August that Hugh " Shuggy" Murney had sadly passed away aged 84 in a Melbourne nursing home .

Shuggy was one of the youngest ever Captains of Morton. He was 19 when he signed in 1958 and played 73 times ( scored 12 goals) before he left in 1961 for Dumbarton and then Queen Of the South. He moved to Australia in 1965 and played initially for South Melbourne Hellis and then Melbourne Hakoah whom he was then was involved with coaching with into his 70s. 

Some of your older fans on here may remember him.

Seeing Nicky Devlin scoring for the Dons in Europe tonight made me think of trying to get a Sons best eleven that have made it to or came to us from a decent level in recent times. Had caps then came or went on to get caps, played in Europe etc. 

So I'll go with 

Grindlay

Devlin

Findlay

McGinn

Collins

Barr

Wylde

Froxylias

McCrorie

Nade

Nisbet

I've probably missed a shed load like Mark Wilson, Brophy, 

Edited by the snudge

43 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Seeing Nicky Devlin scoring for the Dons in Europe tonight made me think of trying to get a Sons best eleven that have made it to or came to us from a decent level in recent times. Had caps then came or went on to get caps, played in Europe etc. 

So I'll go with 

Grindlay

Devlin

Findlay

McGinn

Collins

Barr

Wylde

Froxylias

McCrorie

Nade

Nisbet

I've probably missed a shed load like Mark Wilson, Brophy, 

Some from yesteryear....

Willie Wallace, Davie Wilson, Pat McCluskey, Charlie Gallagher, Robert Prytz, Erich Schaedler, Jim Cruickshank, Graham Fyfe, Alex Rollo and of course Ian Wallace and Graeme Sharp.

14 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Some from yesteryear....

Willie Wallace, Davie Wilson, Pat McCluskey, Charlie Gallagher, Robert Prytz, Erich Schaedler, Jim Cruickshank, Graham Fyfe, Alex Rollo and of course Ian Wallace and Graeme Sharp.

I would add Murdo and possibly the McAdam brothers and Owen Coyle

26 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see our scout has chucked it (I forgot we had one tbh!). I’ve no idea if he was responsible for recruiting for the first team or the 20s. Most of his tweets seemed to be about the 20s.

He didn't last long. I'm sure I've still got the same butter in the fridge as I had when he was appointed.