Sons' sorrow

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I realise he played last night but he's only been signed for our U20s so far. 

It does seem a bit odd that the lad would move from Petershill U-21's to our U-20'S without some sort of incentive so I'm assuming that there is more to it.  Perhaps the phrase 'step-up' is the clue.

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It does seem a bit odd that the lad would move from Petershill U-21's to our U-20'S without some sort of incentive so I'm assuming that there is more to it.  Perhaps the phrase 'step-up' is the clue.

Petershill U21s to League 1 would be some step up indeed for a 17 year old. Exciting nonetheless to have young talent who actually might make the grade coming through. 

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It’s not that strange. The u-21 set up is a strange one. They are basically part of the amateur set up and play in the amateur Scottish cup etc, I believe they fall under the safa umbrella which means they can’t sign duel contracts.

playing u-20s allows them to sign duel contracts and play for the development team and the 1st team which is the whole point in the u-20s set up. 
maybe someone will be along to correct me but I’m sure this is the case. 

19 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

It’s not that strange. The u-21 set up is a strange one. They are basically part of the amateur set up and play in the amateur Scottish cup etc, I believe they fall under the safa umbrella which means they can’t sign duel contracts.

playing u-20s allows them to sign duel contracts and play for the development team and the 1st team which is the whole point in the u-20s set up. 

Thanks for that, I'm sure many fans will be unaware of the distinction.  On the plus side it suggests that the lad has a bit of ambition about him.

4 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Similar to the 19s team. They’re in the amateur setup and play against the senior amateur teams in cup competitions