Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

What about Americans i.e from USA?

Adam Murray is the only one I can think of.

None. There is no Adam Murray listed on the archive either. 

The full list of other nationalities to play for us is Algeria, Angola, Australia, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, England, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Iceland, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Poland, Republic of Ireland, Senegal, South Africa, Sweden and Zimbabwe. 

The Welsh are the only home nation not to send us any players. The c***s. 

The nationalities on the archive are the nation of birth or if they've declared for international reasons which is why Lawrie will be down as Scottish. If he is Welsh, then I'm happy to correct it. Strangely, Owen Coyle is a different nationality to his brothers because he represented Ireland. 

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The full list of other nationalities to play for us is Algeria, Angola, Australia, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, England, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Iceland, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Poland, Republic of Ireland, Senegal, South Africa, Sweden and Zimbabwe. 

I could’ve sworn we’d had a Scot play for us!

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Obidile is Nigerian and Syvertsen is Norwegian

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Fair enough.

Now for a bonus point which player had a 1960's transfer sequence which ran Dumbarton to Cardiff and back again to Dumbarton ?

Tommy Halliday was it not? If I'm wrong with that it's a few decades before my time, getting the excuses in early

35 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Obidile is Nigerian and Syvertsen is Norwegian

James Okoli was also Nigerian although clearly inferior to Obidile and also pretty forgettable. 

However, picking Syvertsen over Skjelbred for the Norway shout... 

Edited by Clarko_son

10 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

Tommy Halliday was it not? If I'm wrong with that it's a few decades before my time, getting the excuses in early

You're not wrong Clarko, well done !

Tommy 'Chic' Holliday, who scored a goal in one of the most incredible games I ever saw on 5th December 1964 at Boghead when Sons came back from 0-4 down to draw 4-4 with Berwick Rangers.

According to the wonderful Sons Archive, curated by @microdave, Chic played only 51 games for Dumbarton and scored 25 times, but he was a player whose rumbustious style lives long in the memory.

22 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Born in Johnstone, according to wiki. Archive has him as Scottish too. 

22 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Isn't Lawrie Williams Welsh ?

Could be wrong here but seem to remember reading somewhere his father was Welsh and that why he was considered for the Welsh nation team. 
The Welsh manager decided to select that big diddy Dai Davies instead. 😡

2 hours ago, Sonsrock said:

How big is the queue outside The Stag’s?

Couldn’t tell you right now but was in earlier and they have done a good job. Also some Sons Tops and other bits up which is nice. Hopefully the start of a good relationship with them.