Sons' sorrow

Why would you throw them out and with what justification if they were well behaved. There were plenty of Dundee fans in the away section on the last day of the season and I don't recall anyone claiming that they should have been ejected.

Justification? The away end is the away end for a reason. We have segregation to segregate people. Can we just pick and choose what away fans we let in the home end on the basis of them looking like quiet, nice people?

The fact we know Celtic fans are cottoning onto this too I don't think we can be as relaxed with segregation as we have been in the past.

I see on the Livi thread that the SPFL believe that they have evidence that Rankine may hold sway over our club through £200K that our owners still owe him from buying the club. So, is it the owners or the club that owe him that?

One of the owners apparently (according to the article). The club owes him nothing.

I suspect we'll just be viewing this story, and associated negative publicity, as a minor annoyance.

Justification? The away end is the away end for a reason. We have segregation to segregate people. Can we just pick and choose what away fans we let in the home end on the basis of them looking like quiet, nice people?

The fact we know Celtic fans are cottoning onto this too I don't think we can be as relaxed with segregation as we have been in the past.

Of course we segregate it as best we can. However the suggestion here was that if the odd Rangers fan has bought a ticket for the home end they should immediately be thrown out just because they were a Rangers fan. I was challenging that as if they are well behaved and don't cause any bother I don't see why you would throw them out. Just as I didn't see any need to throw out the Dundee fans from our end on the last day of the season.

Of course we segregate it as best we can. However the suggestion here was that if the odd Rangers fan has bought a ticket for the home end they should immediately be thrown out just because they were a Rangers fan. I was challenging that as if they are well behaved and don't cause any bother I don't see why you would throw them out. Just as I didn't see any need to throw out the Dundee fans from our end on the last day of the season.

Regardless of how well behaved they are they will be ejected if they are making it known they are a Rangers fan. No chance the police or stewards will allow Rangers fans to openly sit in the home end.

They should know the rules before they buy a ticket, I would have zero sympathy for them. If they are discreet about it then no one will know who they support = nae issues for us, nae issues for them.

Can't say I noticed any Dundee fans making it obvious they were in the wrong end at Dens.

Regardless of how well behaved they are they will be ejected if they are making it known they are a Rangers fan. No chance the police or stewards will allow Rangers fans to openly sit in the home end.

They should know the rules before they buy a ticket, I would have zero sympathy for them. If they are discreet about it then no one will know who they support = nae issues for us, nae issues for them.

Can't say I noticed any Dundee fans making it obvious they were in the wrong end at Dens.

We agree then

We agree then

If no one knows they are Rangers fans then no one can kick them out or complain about Rangers fans in the home end, because we'd never know they aren't Sons fans. If some well behaved guy sits down with his well behaved wee children sporting Rangers scarves get them tae f**k.

Basically what I'm saying is regardless of behaviour I don't want Rangers fans in our end. But if they don't make it known who they support then I wont even know they are there and have would have no reason to complain.

It makes sense in my head.

One of the owners apparently (according to the article). The club owes him nothing.

I suspect we'll just be viewing this story, and associated negative publicity, as a minor annoyance.

Whilsy you're correct it states the owners owe him that is it a minor annoyance that they've had 5 years to pay it and haven't done so? It's not the negative publicity I'm worried about. I don't want to sound like a broken record but they're promising us dream stadiums and they haven't even paid for the club.

How Kieran McDonald getting on...

Only made a few sub appearances but I like him a lot based on that. Looks quick and a strong tackler, did he ever play RB with Clyde? Played there most of the time with us with DVZ getting booked/injured and has looked pretty solid.

Only made a few sub appearances but I like him a lot based on that. Looks quick and a strong tackler, did he ever play RB with Clyde? Played there most of the time with us with DVZ getting booked/injured and has looked pretty solid.

He looked pretty good further up as well for the short time he played there a few weeks back. Wouldn't be surprised to see him takes Vanzy's spot soon. Also wouldn't mind him starting over Megginson.

ETA: Congrats on your 2000th post, Sonsteam.

Edited by The Elephant In The Rock

He looked pretty good further up as well for the short time he played there a few weeks back. Wouldn't be surprised to see him takes Vanzy's spot soon. Also wouldn't mind him starting over Megginson.

ETA: Congrats on your 2000th post, Sonsteam.

Why thank you. I didn't even notice...honest!

Agreed about MacDonald, wouldn't be averse to him starting over either Mitch or DVZ as they haven't been great so far this season.

The separate ends for the fans is ok. So when we leave the ground they use the leven and we use Castle street.

Cannot understand why the cup game is not on tv.

Why? Just cause it's rangers? Would be good for extra money. But I can't really think of any games this early in the competition being shown, maybe they have, just nothing springs to mind.