Sons' sorrow

I'm with Wilf, the link is the same one we saw a few pages ago and tells us nothing at all about who currently owns the land at Young's Farm that the club plans to move to.

Perhaps I've crossed some wires here, I thought Wilf was asking who owns the current site, the link shows that Brabco, DFC Community Stadium and Denny's Homes are all one in the same. You are correct, we don't know who owns Young's Farm but knowing that Denny's Homes and Brabco are the same company should raise questions over funding for buying Young's Farm.

Hello Sons supporters

Apologies for hijacking this thread but wonder if you could give me some advice regarding the forthcoming Sons vs Hibs game on 22 November. A group of 8 of us are travelling up from south of the border and are really keen to take in the Sons game if we can get tickets. None of us are Hibs supporters and would much prefer to sit with the home support but appreciate that the attendance for that game might make it tricky. Do you think we'll need tickets to get in that day or might it be possible to get in on the gate without a ticket? If tickets are needed would it be possible to get hold of 8? Really keen to watch the Sons and see the incredible Rock especially as it looks as if you may be moving ground. If it is possible then I'd assumed we'd go for a drink in town beforehand - most likely at the Captain James Lang. If it doesn't look like we can get into Sons then we have Morton vs Stenhousemuir as backup. Again, sorry for intruding - hope to get up to the ground on the 22nd!

cheers

jobytc

Hello Sons supporters

Apologies for hijacking this thread but wonder if you could give me some advice regarding the forthcoming Sons vs Hibs game on 22 November. A group of 8 of us are travelling up from south of the border and are really keen to take in the Sons game if we can get tickets. None of us are Hibs supporters and would much prefer to sit with the home support but appreciate that the attendance for that game might make it tricky. Do you think we'll need tickets to get in that day or might it be possible to get in on the gate without a ticket? If tickets are needed would it be possible to get hold of 8? Really keen to watch the Sons and see the incredible Rock especially as it looks as if you may be moving ground. If it is possible then I'd assumed we'd go for a drink in town beforehand - most likely at the Captain James Lang. If it doesn't look like we can get into Sons then we have Morton vs Stenhousemuir as backup. Again, sorry for intruding - hope to get up to the ground on the 22nd!

cheers

jobytc

I'm sure if you phone the club or email them I'm sure they'll be willing to help accommodate you. Commercial Director is Alan Findlay, contact details are here - http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/management/?ID=58

Hopefully you get it sorted and enjoy your day!

Perhaps I've crossed some wires here, I thought Wilf was asking who owns the current site, the link shows that Brabco, DFC Community Stadium and Denny's Homes are all one in the same. You are correct, we don't know who owns Young's Farm but knowing that Denny's Homes and Brabco are the same company should raise questions over funding for buying Young's Farm.

But we all already knew all that info, Moonster. That link with associated info was posted on here previously. We know via that link that one of the Hosie's in involved with Brabco (someone said on here recently that the one on that list is a cousin of the one currently at the club) and that they (Brabco) also own Denny Homes, but none of that tells us anything practical about the purchase of the new land at Young's Farm, or who owns that land currently.

An educated guess would be that a deal has already been struck to buy that land, they wouldn't announce the stadium plans and location at this stage if that wasn't the case I suspect. In terms of funding the purchase of the new land and the building of the new stadium, I'd assume that Denny Homes has a lender already provisionally lined up to give them the funds to buy the BBS from Brabco (making it in effect an in house transfer as both companies are part of the same umbrella) and turn it into housing. I'd imagine they're probably waiting on the necessary consents for the land that the BBS sits on as it's worth far more with those already in place. They may even decide to get the consents and then sell the land with consents to another developer for a quicker turn around.

It's not all that unusual for one company to buy an asset from another company which is owned by the same group. They'll give themselves a fair price I'm sure.

Hello Sons supporters

cheers

jobytc

Its an all ticket match. The club will be selling tickets until 12pm on the day of the game. I don't believe there will be a rush of Hibs fans looking to sit in with the home support so you could chance waiting til you're up and getting a ticket on the day. Alternatively, phone the stadium or drop them an email explaining your interest in attending the game and I'm sure the club will take payment via debit card and post your tickets out

But we all already knew all that info, Moonster. That link with associated info was posted on here previously. We know via that link that one of the Hosie's in involved with Brabco (someone said on here recently that the one on that list is a cousin of the one currently at the club) and that they (Brabco) also own Denny Homes, but none of that tells us anything practical about the purchase of the new land at Young's Farm, or who owns that land currently.

An educated guess would be that a deal has already been struck to buy that land, they wouldn't announce the stadium plans and location at this stage if that wasn't the case I suspect. In terms of funding the purchase of the new land and the building of the new stadium, I'd assume that Denny Homes has a lender already provisionally lined up to give them the funds to buy the BBS from Brabco (making it in effect an in house transfer as both companies are part of the same umbrella) and turn it into housing. I'd imagine they're probably waiting on the necessary consents for the land that the BBS sits on as it's worth far more with those already in place. They may even decide to get the consents and then sell the land with consents to another developer for a quicker turn around.

It's not all that unusual for one company to buy an asset from another company which is owned by the same group. They'll give themselves a fair price I'm sure.

Fair enough, I concede that you know more about this shit than me. If they don't have money they will find a lender, lending creates debt and someone's got to pay it back (who?). Perhaps my lack of understanding in this area means I worry more than I should but the whole thing absolutely reeks to me.

Fair enough, I concede that you know more about this shit than me. If they don't have money they will find a lender, lending creates debt and someone's got to pay it back (who?). Perhaps my lack of understanding in this area means I worry more than I should but the whole thing absolutely reeks to me.

Again, I'm not privy to their plans, but they could well borrow from a commercial lender (or even another investor, or take a loan from another arm of their business) and then use the funds to buy / build and then pay off the loan with the sale proceeds. That's what I'd do, but then I know me and can trust myself. A football club isn't like any other building or business, it has an attachment that other businesses do not. It's because of what I do that I'm so skeptical of these people.

As I read it, Brabco 752 was the former name of Denny's Homes. Dumbarton FC is the owner of the BBS. Dumbarton FC has not sold the Bet Butler Stadium to my knowledge. I understand that Denny's Homes is the majority shareholder in Dumbarton FC but that it may not be entirely in their gift to sell BBS. For the avoidance of doubt, the Dfc Community Stadium Company Ltd has no connection whatsoever with Dumbarton Community Stadium Ltd who hold the 100 special category C shares in Dumbarton FC.

As I read it, Brabco 752 was the former name of Denny's Homes. Dumbarton FC is the owner of the BBS. Dumbarton FC has not sold the Bet Butler Stadium to my knowledge. I understand that Denny's Homes is the majority shareholder in Dumbarton FC but that it may not be entirely in their gift to sell BBS. For the avoidance of doubt, the Dfc Community Stadium Company Ltd has no connection whatsoever with Dumbarton Community Stadium Ltd who hold the 100 special category C shares in Dumbarton FC.

Presumably, then, Brabco will require to get the other shareholders on side in order to acquire sufficient stake to force the sale of the land.

Its an all ticket match. The club will be selling tickets until 12pm on the day of the game. I don't believe there will be a rush of Hibs fans looking to sit in with the home support so you could chance waiting til you're up and getting a ticket on the day. Alternatively, phone the stadium or drop them an email explaining your interest in attending the game and I'm sure the club will take payment via debit card and post your tickets out

cheers for this. I'll contact the club directly

Presumably, then, Brabco will require to get the other shareholders on side in order to acquire sufficient stake to force the sale of the land.

Well effectively they have a majority on that. However there are provisions in the Articles of Association of DFC which relate to the sale of the company's heritable assets. DFC haven't had an AGM for quite some time so there hasn't yet been the opportunity for discussion on this.