Sons' sorrow

I wouldn't read anything into the fact that the company has no assets. It is in all likelihood an SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) and it is clear that it is a company which isn't trading.

However, good digging and that reveals that Denny's Homes are in fact two people, Calum Hosie and Christopher Andrew Stainton. The former is a regular attendee at games but I don't know Mr Stainton other than this https://www.opencompany.co.uk/profile/1236397/christopher-andrew-stainton

Please note that 'Dfc Community Stadium Ltd' was/is not connected in any way with Dumbarton Community Stadium Limited who hold the 'Golden Share'. I can only speculate why they originally chose that name.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Any relation to Colin hosie the club's vice chairman

Yeh they are cousins.

Moving the stadium doesn't bother me as long as we get a better deal i.e. training ground, fans bar (home and away) etc and we don't get into big debt.

The viewing times are pretty rubbish, surely an evening would have been better. With a setup like meet the manager?

I wouldn't read anything into the fact that the company has no assets. It is in all likelihood an SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) and it is clear that it is a company which isn't trading.

However, good digging and that reveals that Denny's Homes are in fact two people, Calum Hosie and Christopher Andrew Stainton. The former is a regular attendee at games but I don't know Mr Stainton other than this https://www.opencompany.co.uk/profile/1236397/christopher-andrew-stainton

Please note that 'Dfc Community Stadium Ltd' was/is not connected in any way with Dumbarton Community Stadium Limited who hold the 'Golden Share'. I can only speculate why they originally chose that name.

Agreed. It's obvious that this is an off the shelf company that has been held in readiness until its use. I'd assume that the figure of £900 bank balance is a complete estimate, probably based on their last returns. It means nothing in real terms.

I notice that the cup game on Saturday is sold out. Thanks to a friend of mine being unable to go to pre-booked hospitality on Saturday (so we are going in his place), I have one adult and one concession ticket (seated together) for the game available to Sons fans. PM me if you are interested.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

I notice that the cup game on Saturday is sold out. Thanks to a friend of mine being unable to go to pre-booked hospitality on Saturday (so we are going in his place), I have one adult and one concession ticket (seated together) for the game available to Sons fans. PM me if you are interested.

Unlucky you Wilf.....

http://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2014/10/29/stadium-consultation-coming-up/

Q&A at the Abbotsford on the 26/11

Edit: My worry is that if Brabco/Denny Property on the club then what will they do once we've moved? They've got the land made a profit (presumably) then will they leave us? If so who will then buy the club? A lot of questions needing answered.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Sorry, they're away - to a Dumbarton supporter whom I know and his grandson.

I hope you don't have to sit near the Rangers dickhead who was in hospitality last Saturday.

Nearly caused Son of a Bankie to lose his temper.

I hope you don't have to sit near the Rangers dickhead who was in hospitality last Saturday.

Nearly caused Son of a Bankie to lose his temper.

If my attendance at fitba' had been conditional upon non proximity to dickheads, I'd have given up a long time ago. 8)

I'm sure I'll cope. I'll report back.

What are Sons fans opinions of your first team coach Spalding? He is in line for Stirling Albion managers job?

Nowhere near as good looking as Jack Ross, seems to always be smiling and occasionally wears a beanie hat. That's about all I've noticed.

If my attendance at fitba' had been conditional upon non proximity to dickheads, I'd have given up a long time ago. 8)

I'm sure I'll cope. I'll report back.

There was a joke in my post. You had to be there....

Those of us who know Son of a Bankie were very concerned about his health and well-being as a result of his verbal (and almost physical) abuse from the Fud in Hospitality.

It was no laughing matter at the time.