Sons' sorrow

This season has, after starting very promisingly, got that shakey feeling about it. Morton were at the start of the season supposed to be crap, I think they will be easily safe, that leaves us, alloa and livi for bottom 3. Granted we have to play both these 2 in the coming weeks and a minimum of 4 points is a must. 6 points from opening 2 games against arguably on paper 2 of the league's strongest sides. Since then 1 solitary point. Goals look as though they are going to be hard to come by this season, at least defensively we don't look too bad. I would love to give the lad Ross a go up top along with Brophy and see if that can work. Another long hard season beckons....oh to be a sons fan

This season has, after starting very promisingly, got that shakey feeling about it. Morton were at the start of the season supposed to be crap, I think they will be easily safe, that leaves us, alloa and livi for bottom 3. Granted we have to play both these 2 in the coming weeks and a minimum of 4 points is a must. 6 points from opening 2 games against arguably on paper 2 of the league's strongest sides. Since then 1 solitary point. Goals look as though they are going to be hard to come by this season, at least defensively we don't look too bad. I would love to give the lad Ross a go up top along with Brophy and see if that can work. Another long hard season beckons....oh to be a sons fan

On the last few weeks showings we are nowhere near creative enough in the midfield for it to make any difference playing 2 strikers. I agree we must change and look to be more of a threat but midfield changes are also required IMO.

Alloa already beat us 3? Weeks ago.

Just realised that Dylan Easton is a free agent after leaving St Johnstone in August. I reckon we lack someone who is a little bit creative going forward. Would he be worth a short term contract?

"In 2013, Dylan played 18 games for Berwick Rangers and got sent off in one match for a celebration in which he pretended to snort cocaine from the white paint creating the byline." - Wikipedia

Not sure if he has the kind of 'creativity' we are looking for at Dumbarton Football Club.

Just realised that Dylan Easton is a free agent after leaving St Johnstone in August. I reckon we lack someone who is a little bit creative going forward. Would he be worth a short term contract?

Pretty sure he signed at Hibs

"In 2013, Dylan played 18 games for Berwick Rangers and got sent off in one match for a celebration in which he pretended to snort cocaine from the white paint creating the byline." - Wikipedia

Not sure if he has the kind of 'creativity' we are looking for at Dumbarton Football Club.

You realise he joined Dumbarton after he done that?

If we had Lindsay or Gallgher available to play alongside Routledge we could push Brown up into a more attacking role. That's apparently his best position, he has the ability to pick a pass and one of his main strengths is supposed to be his ability to score from disatance.

The lack of a goal threat is a total pisser as 11 goals conceded in 8 league games isn't a dreadful defensive record thus far. Brown is becoming more influential by the game but as you say his best work is a bit too deep so there's merit in your suggestion.

Cawley's presence on the other hand I'm seriously beginning to question, and I get the feeling that we are continually hoping for end product rather than seeing it. I've said before that he and Gibson in the same starting eleven is probably too much mercurial trickery and it still looks that way.

Young Brophy is probably prolific from 15 yards but for that we need a 'presence' alongside him to hold off defenders and provide knockdowns - Lister and the horribly-maligned Nish anyone - but we simply don't have that. Garry is not a time-served striker and it shows. Perhaps a fit Ross will do us a turn, there's that 'hope' thing again.....

Do you think he's any better than we have at the moment?

The mind boggles

Well that is exactly the thing. What do we have going forward? Creatively, absolutely nothing thus far. As I say, he may not be the answer in any way, shape or form but that's why I said a short term contract. Surely he wants to play rather than being a free agent. Maybe a rolling contract or a couple of months. If funds would allow of course!

Likewise to Thommo I heard Hibs had him on trial but that was 6 weeks ago and not heard anything since so assume he still hasn't a club.

Edited by squeezeboxson

If we had Lindsay or Gallgher available to play alongside Routledge we could push Brown up into a more attacking role. That's apparently his best position, he has the ability to pick a pass and one of his main strengths is supposed to be his ability to score from disatance.

I am beginning to warm a little more to Brown with each passing week, but every time he's hit one from outside of the box it's sailed miles over the bar.

Easton did hee-haw to convince anyone in his time here last season. He's another in a line that includes Haswell, Halsmann, McKinnon, Ramage, Lamont and Petrie - how the f***did they ever get on the books of Premier clubs ?

Easton got signed by us as he completely stood out in League Two while we were keeping an eye out on loanees we had down there. He also ran the show in the Premiership Development league. His attitude and unwillingness to listen to the coaches was apparently the reason he never got a chance and was then released.

Also Browns capable of scoring some absolute rakers, but he misses plenty too, it'll be worth it when it does arrive though.