Sons' sorrow

Interesting that you guys are in agreement that sacking Aitken this early would be ridiculous but a couple have hinted about Murray getting the bullet at Saints. Not having a go just an observation. Obviously we have different goals for this Division and Murray has vastly under performed so far.

Do you guys think Jack Ross will improve us vastly if he comes in to replace Spalding?

Interesting that you guys are in agreement that sacking Aitken this early would be ridiculous but a couple have hinted about Murray getting the bullet at Saints. Not having a go just an observation. Obviously we have different goals for this Division and Murray has vastly under performed so far.

Do you guys think Jack Ross will improve us vastly if he comes in to replace Spalding?

Difficult to call it. Jack Ross will certainly be more respected around the place and I've no doubt he'll be more liked but it depends how much influence he has with the on field stuff. We were a much more attacking side when Ross was here, we scored a lot but we also conceded a fair amount. One thing that has been said by a few "in the know" is that Jack Ross would question things Murray wanted to try rather than accepting and trying implement an idea that is bonkers i.e. Spalding. I'd expect things to improve but by how much is almost impossible to call.

It been confirmed anywhere other than a rumour on twitter?

Difficult to call it. Jack Ross will certainly be more respected around the place and I've no doubt he'll be more liked but it depends how much influence he has with the on field stuff. We were a much more attacking side when Ross was here, we scored a lot but we also conceded a fair amount. One thing that has been said by a few "in the know" is that Jack Ross would question things Murray wanted to try rather than accepting and trying implement an idea that is bonkers i.e. Spalding. I'd expect things to improve but by how much is almost impossible to call.

It been confirmed anywhere other than a rumour on twitter?

Seems to be a done deal, nothing confirmed yet but Spalding has left the building.

Meh we are already shipping goals would be nice to score some.

As for the respected bit I dunno, he was one of the head players in a row over bonuses before our famous bottle job v Rangers in that cup final. Don't know if our board are as keen on him ha. Something needs done though.

To sack or even think of sacking aitken at this time would be foolishness. We have seen with the victories over st Mirren Morton and especially Hibs how well the team can play. The players are good enough to play in this division but seem to lack commitment and drive. They also seem not to communicate with each other as if they are strangers . Aitken should be prioritising the incentivising of the players and refinding the confidence which seems to slipping away.These players are good enough to stay up and aitken must find the best way of playing them.

Spalding's departure from St Mirren was confirmed on Radio Scotland news tonight. As for our own situation, like everyone I was delighted with the appointment of Steve Aitken as well as our great start in the league. I think we should stick with him but that really all depends on results and the fixtures between now and Christmas could be quite unforgiving.

Mark Brown Cost us a point - Aitken

Interesting.

I do agree that Mark Brown was at fault for the goal but I didn't think Docherty covered himself in glory either. Docherty's reaction after the goal would suggest he was frustrated with himself and that he could've done better.

I just don't know if I'm a fan of blaming the keeper for the result in the press. I thought overall we were pish. It could go either way, may harm his confidence or give him a boot up the arse. We shall see.

At fault because he came off his line, I remember he was quite far to the front post and may have been beyond it. Whereas all the goalie coaches on here wanted him off his line to challenge for the ball..

Also noticeable is that aitken compliments his defence.

At fault because he came off his line, I remember he was quite far to the front post and may have been beyond it. Whereas all the goalie coaches on here wanted him off his line to challenge for the ball..

My comment was that he needed to be off his line to narrow the angle at the strikers feet, Aitken's is that he needed to stay on his line to give the striker less area to shoot at.

He basically hid tucked up alongside the near post. Christ, he might've even been out of play.

I thought barring that slip the defence were solid for the game, particularly the first 20 minutes or so when Saunders looked very classy. I know BigMac has a near personal hatred for him, but Barr was utterly dominant in the air and did a good job sweeping. It's just a shame that once again a basic mix-up has cost us the three points.

I know BigMac has a near personal hatred for him, but Barr was utterly dominant in the air and did a good job sweeping. It's just a shame that once again a basic mix-up has cost us the three points.

Nothing personal at all, mate.

I won't claim to be a centre back coach or know everything about being a centre back - However, for me, Darren Barr isn't playing as well as I feel another player, well within our ability to attract (or perhaps already in our squad) could.

lennox and sons tv seem to contradict the tele and my point above. Seems now that aitken blames brown because he stayed on his line.

Having seen two if the goals from the falkirk game involved rounding the goalie i wonder if browns getting mixed messages; stay/come out.

Did i hear stevie right; does he say that he's happy with the chances we re creating?

Also, garry has to play in donald surely, thats a great run the boy makes late on.

Also, garry has to play in donald surely, thats a great run the boy makes late on.

This.

I can understand why he didn't, as it would have been goal of the season material if he had hit the net with the shot he took..

However, it's undoubted that if he had played McCallum in, he would have been clean through on goal with a much higher percentage chance of scoring than Fleming had.

Few points from the highlights; first goal, nice strike but did look like a foul on Brown - however commanding his lettuce wrist punch was(nt). Can't believe Garry didn't play in McCallum near the end, can only put that down to frustration at his own performance but it's a shame as I'd have stuck my hat on McCallum scoring.

Then the big one. The winning goal. Firstly I have to see that was an excellent ball from Tidser and a wonderful first touch by Samuel to take Barr out the game. A few thing stuck out about Brown, so I've screenshotted them.

post-33799-0-21468900-1446589923_thumb.p

In picture one he needs to be out and narrowing the angle. If he does that, he blocks the delivery and it ends all square.

post-33799-0-69877600-1446589930_thumb.p

Second photo shows him in the single worst worst position he could possibly take up. He's not even in goals. It just looks like he doesn't care. If he isn't going to stop the delivery at source then he needs to be prepared to prevent the tap in.

The goal wasn't totally his fault however, you'll be glad to know I have another screenshot lined up but I can't use more than two in a post.

post-33799-0-80926800-1446590284_thumb.p

post-33799-0-74144700-1446590212_thumb.p

Right Mark Docherty, here's your time to take a portion of the blame. There's absolutely no way he can be caught out that easily. In the first screenshot the ball is clearly about to be delivered, so why is Johnstone goalside and a yard away from him?! Breaking into a sprint when he''s already past, about 6 yards out and sprinting himself is too late to react.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I'm off for a lie down, there's only so often you can watch the same goal over and over again :lol:

After watching it again, I'm no happy at all with Mark brown, Johnstone had a tap in, but I'd still want my keeper to be throwing himself across the line, soon as Samuel taps the ball across goal, Browns body language tells you exactly how he feels... Not fucking interested.

Docherty at the goal reminds me of what you used to see Tom Boyd doing countless times for Scotland and his clubs years ago.

Either going to sleep, or giving up because he thought there was no danger, then realising that the person he should have been marking hadn't given up and there IS a danger, so puts in some too-little-too-late effort to try to disguise the complete arse he's made.

After watching it again, I'm no happy at all with Mark brown, Johnstone had a tap in, but I'd still want my keeper to be throwing himself across the line, soon as Samuel taps the ball across goal, Browns body language tells you exactly how he feels... Not fucking interested.

Really? Brown is who you pick up on there? If Docherty's doing his job then there's no need for Brown to be helplessly throwing himself along the line to try and stop a 5 yard tap in that he has no chance with. Brown's done very little wrong there.

It's taken us 12 games but at least we've figured out our scapegoats for the season.

If we kept Gilhaney we wouldn't have had these problems!!

IMO Darren Barr had a good game on Saturday apart from switching off along with others for the second Morton goal.

We need to get behind the team and if they get the basics right the results will come, the worry for me is the lack of chances we are creating.

Highly competitive league this year, look at how St Mirren are struggling and their fans expectations are far higher than ours!!