Sons' sorrow

Still holding out for a vinyl pressing of 'The Sons We're The Ones'.

There must be such a thing. When the song was originally recorded in 1978 they played it at Boghead. So it must have been on vinyl. Probably only a white label as the song was never released. The record company realised that the market for a Dumbarton FC song was fairly restricted so it was rerecorded as 'Scotland Sons'. Basically the same but with slightly different lyrics. I do have one of those on vinyl

There must be such a thing. When the song was originally recorded in 1978 they played it at Boghead. So it must have been on vinyl. Probably only a white label as the song was never released. The record company realised that the market for a Dumbarton FC song was fairly restricted so it was rerecorded as 'Scotland Sons'. Basically the same but with slightly different lyrics. I do have one of those on vinyl

At one point I remember having a vinyl recording of the Sons song. It was one of those very light, plasticy records that you needed to place a coin on near the centre to weigh it down to play properly.

Who wrote and sang the track?

did I read Midge Ure was involved with it?

so it sez 'ere:- http://www.footballandmusic.co.uk/can-you-hear-what-the-rock-is-singing/

The complete song may well feature on the "SonsTV End Of Season Super Sensational Sons Of The Rock Highlights SSssspectacular!!", although I have no idea about copyright issues etc.

I would agree with that, i think we have lost support. Although that 2003/4 season saw an unlikely late promotion challenge and 2 large 1800 crowds against Morton who were going for a league title but had a late collapse. Hamilton accies were also in the league that season.

I think our support was pretty decent then as we still had a bit of a feel good factor from moving to a new stadium and had attracted some new fans.

When we got relegated back to 3rd we struggled to get the fans back and by that time there was no novelty factor with the stadium.

Despite recent success we have failed to attract as many home fans that went back then which is a pity.

I notice that Brian Colvin, God bless him, almost caused a riot in his last ever game as a referee at hibs v QOS. He made an outlandish decision in the last minute to hand hibs the points. After years of incompetence can we be surprised . Watch the hibs game tonight on sport scene to see what the clown did. I reckon Dumbarton could earn an extra six points a season without him as we lost every game he refereed.