Sons' sorrow

To be fair, if we had won the game through at Livi a few weeks back (or even drew the game) then we wouldn't be half as worried at this stage. It is indeed, time to step up and earn our right to play in this league again next year.

Or if we had won that game against Alloa at home.

I always feared that would come back to bite us on the arse.

I'd say livi will get one win looking at that, on paper, maybe a point at cappielow, but raith May take their foot of the gas

Looking at our remaining fixtures, possibly 7/21 Morton, alloa wins, point against st mirren?

On paper, they should have got nothing today. Means f**k all.

Do the playoffs still work the same way the did when we were in them? 

1st Legs

2nd League 1 v 3rd League 1

4th League 1 v 9th Championship

If so then everyone might want to have a wee look at who's sitting fourth in League One as we speak...Football's a funny game at times...

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Do the playoffs still work the same way the did when we were in them? 

1st Legs

2nd League 1 v 3rd League 1

4th League 1 v 9th Championship

If so then everyone might want to have a wee look at who's sitting third in League One as we speak...Football's a funny game at times...

I assume you mean fourth... the prospect of a return to Airdrie is also on the cards.

We've got a couple of very reasonable home games and a must win away game. Morton at home is a game we will hopefully take something from. St Mirren shouldn't be beyond us. The Raith TV game will possibly be the toughest of our remaining home games, although Queen of the South will also be a difficult challenge.

It may well come down to that last game v Alloa in order to secure 8th spot, but by that point Alloa will be down and we really couldn't ask for a better final game of the season.

It's definitely a tough ask to pick up points between now and the end of the season but we have to believe that we're capable of doing so. If we don't believe that we can survive the last few games of the season and secure our Championship status for another season then we'd be as well giving up now.

Livi. Sons

Alloa h. Alloa a

Hibs a. Hibs a

Morton a. Morton h

Qos a. Qos h

Raith h. Raith h

Rangers h. Rangers a

St mirren h

Very similar games left but Livy can carry momentum at this time of year. There was a time when we were a good Spring team .

We've got a couple of very reasonable home games and a must win away game. Morton at home is a game we will hopefully take something from. St Mirren shouldn't be beyond us. The Raith TV game will possibly be the toughest of our remaining home games, although Queen of the South will also be a difficult challenge.

It may well come down to that last game v Alloa in order to secure 8th spot, but by that point Alloa will be down and we really couldn't ask for a better final game of the season.

It's definitely a tough ask to pick up points between now and the end of the season but we have to believe that we're capable of doing so. If we don't believe that we can survive the last few games of the season and secure our Championship status for another season then we'd be as well giving up now.

I'm taking nothing for granted between now and the end of the season.  Alloa away on the last day with the pressure off them and us needing something, let see how that could go wrong...

Is 9th place and survival via play off's considered a success? Just asking.

9th place and a potential play off against Peterhead or Ayr doesn't fill me with too much confidence, 8th place please sons

If it stays as it is it would be Stranraer. When did we last win against them?! I can't remember*

*I normally would look this up, but I'm writing my blog, so Microdave, it's over to you!

Any kind of results that end up guaranteeing our Championship status for another season is a success.

If it has to be via the play-offs then its tougher than I'd like, but the end result is all that matters. Of the 3 teams that we could potentially face? I wouldn't particularly want to play any of them. Peterhead and Ayr are decent sides and the thought of Gibson consigning us to relegation if we were to face Stranraer is one of those quirks of football that can often come back to haunt a team.

But we need to believe that we'll secure 8th.

If it stays as it is it would be Stranraer. When did we last win against them?! I can't remember

*I normally would look this up, but I'm writing my blog, so Microdave, it's over to you!

2002/2003 I think

Edited by Nowhereman