Sons' sorrow

So he's spoken to them without the club knowing? If the club had given permission I'd expect a statement.

This is pish from Stevie I'm afraid. He either fucks off now and stops messing up our prep for next season or committs to staying. No one will sign for us with him chatting about potential moves to Raith.

Highly unimpressed. It actually comes across to me like he's trying to hoor himself about for a full-time job.

I hope the board get him telt pronto.

So he's spoken to them without the club knowing? If the club had given permission I'd expect a statement.

This is pish from Stevie I'm afraid. He either fucks off now and stops messing up our prep for next season or committs to staying. No one will sign for us with him chatting about potential moves to Raith.

Highly unimpressed. It actually comes across to me like he's trying to hoor himself about for a full-time job.

I hope the board get him telt pronto.

Your last paragraph is exactly what I was going to post. He's potentially buggering up our season by seeing what could be out there for him, if no one fancies him he'll be back, if they do he'll be off.

What does that say to potential players? No wonder they haven't signed, I certainly wouldn't be coming anywhere near us if the manager is desperate to leave.

I hope the board stick a time limit on things. Eg we want a decision by the end of this week, you either go to another job/resign in the hope of getting one or you stay here and start doing what we pay you for.

I know it's a pointless cliché, but I thought he'd be better than leaving a club in the limbo.

Your last paragraph is exactly what I was going to post. He's potentially buggering up our season by seeing what could be out there for him, if no one fancies him he'll be back, if they do he'll be off.

What does that say to potential players? No wonder they haven't signed, I certainly wouldn't be coming anywhere near us if the manager is desperate to leave.

I hope the board stick a time limit on things. Eg we want a decision by the end of this week, you either go to another job/resign in the hope of getting one or you stay here and start doing what we pay you for.

I know it's a pointless cliché, but I thought he'd be better than leaving a club in the limbo.

Yup.

I'd give him an ultimatum. Leave now or committ, we're not in a position to be sitting around waiting on him deciding. What if that decision comes say 2 weeks down the line, we'd be up shit creek.

I would still have it down as paper talk and rumours but the fact he's given a quote to the paper means it clearly not just rumours.

Perhaps he's shiting himself about our prospects next year and he's looking to jump ship whilst his stock is still relatively high.

Yup.

I'd give him an ultimatum. Leave now or committ, we're not in a position to be sitting around waiting on him deciding. What if that decision comes say 2 weeks down the line, we'd be up shit creek.

I would still have it down as paper talk and rumours but the fact he's given a quote to the paper means it clearly not just rumours.

Perhaps he's shiting himself about our prospects next year and he's looking to jump ship whilst his stock is still relatively high.

Got a link to the Record comments?

I reckon even if he took us down this coming year his stock would still be quite high - we're favourites to go down and I'd be inclined to keep him for a League 1 stint should that occur.  I'm not sure he's trying to jump ship but we'll see.

Lets just hope the other 99.5% of the strip we've yet to see isn't as shite as the 0.5% we have seen.

You have seen the collar area as well and that looks crap!!

The away strip last year was the best for a while, still will not beat the strip with the diagonal black and gold band!!

We had to wait around while McKinnon hummed and haw'd before finally moving to United.

Happens at every level of football I'm afraid. Of course it's annoying.

Thing with Rovers was that McKinnon tied down a lot of key players before the season ended. Our new manager will be inheriting a decent squad that just needs a wee bolster...

Who have Dumbarton got tied down? Anybody?

We had to wait around while McKinnon hummed and haw'd before finally moving to United.

Happens at every level of football I'm afraid. Of course it's annoying.

Thing with Rovers was that McKinnon tied down a lot of key players before the season ended. Our new manager will be inheriting a decent squad that just needs a wee bolster...

Who have Dumbarton got tied down? Anybody?

A shite keeper and a striker who looks to have potential but is untested at this level.

Hence why we need a quick conclusion.

Got a link to the Record comments?

I reckon even if he took us down this coming year his stock would still be quite high - we're favourites to go down and I'd be inclined to keep him for a League 1 stint should that occur. I'm not sure he's trying to jump ship but we'll see.

it was only in the shorts, that was it in a nutshell. Usual Dumbarton, they must have given permission, but unsurprisingly, don't tell the fans, raith did over McKinnon, surely a deadline for our side is a must. A statement from the club needs put out now.

You have seen the collar area as well and that looks crap!!

The away strip last year was the best for a while, still will not beat the strip with the diagonal black and gold band!!

Last years away top that was worn by every other team that played in black in gold?  I thought that was one of our laziest efforts yet.  Can't say I have any opinion on the teasers we've seen so far, I'd prefer an actual collar on our tops (a la the Umbro efforts we had in the early 80s) but it doesn't look the worst.

The white strip made its first appearance in 1965, over 50 years ago.

But we haven't worn it consistently for 50 years. One of our best strips was the black and gold diadora strip.

If we're talking white strips why not replicate this one:

post-3968-1463561676811_thumb.jpg

Tbh, I'd rather we'd only speak to Aitken after any fees have been agreed. It was utterly shite the way United got their man by pretty much throwing all the spotlight on the fact and putting as much media coverage on it. I'd be hoping the same of Aitken too in terms of discussing to the press.

With that said, I'd be delighted if he came to us. Far better than some we've been linked with and with the core of our team I'd hope we can make a decent go of trying to get to the playoffs next season.

But we haven't worn it consistently for 50 years. One of our best strips was the black and gold diadora strip.

If we're talking white strips why not replicate this one:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1463561676.085519.jpg

Because it's white and yellow, and doesn't have the band.

Pot/Kettle - it's what your club did to us last summer.....

At least it's after the end of the season - thought it was a disgrace that Dundee United approached McKinnon days before Rovers' play-off against Hibs.

At least it's after the end of the season - thought it was a disgrace that Dundee United approached McKinnon days before Rovers' play-off against Hibs.

Not quite. That was concluded rather quickly and nothing was being spouted by either the club or Stevie to the press. That IMO is wrong.

If Stranraer had given Stevie an ultimatum it would have been fair game. Just like I hope we do.

Is it though, if you look at my post you'll see I'm blaming Aitken not Raith for this situation.

I don't remember Stevie desperately trying to sell himself to us last summer, in fact I think it was the other way round with us approaching him and him joining us on his terms. I could be wrong, but we approached Stranraer for permission to talk to him, that was granted and a statement was put on your website saying that.

Here it looks like he's going to the press to try and get a move that suits him, whilst leaving us in limbo.

How many players did you have signed up when he left? I know McGuigan joined, but was that it? Kind of similar to us with Thomson joining.

Abody calm the f**k doon. Raith have asked for permission to speak to Aitken and been granted it by DFC. Aitken has then spoken to them. Aitken has then been approached by the press and said "Yes, I've spoken to Raith". Any claims that Aitken is whoring himself about is pure conjecture born of post season boredom. DFC haven't made a comment on it because the web chap's away the now and / or they don't wan to comment until it's concluded, which is up to the club (not that I necessarily agree with not making a statement about it, but the club hasn't always been the most forthright with info so I'm used to it). Simple as that. Chill oot, lads. If Aitken stays he stays, if he goes, he goes. Players will sign at some point and the world won't fall off its axis.