Sons' sorrow

I've just remembered that Greig Spence played in League One last season.

ALL ABOARD THE GOOD SHIP RELEGATION. AHOY.

We have previously done well by signing players from that division. I'm actually quite pleased to see us linked with two young players but ones who have a bit of experience under their belts.

Poor Robert Thomson, it's his birthday and already he's now twice been written oot.

Re Sean Kelly, a lot of Saints fans were surprised he was released, he'd be a capture IMO.

Aye, fair shout, I hope though that there is competition up front rather than pinning all our hopes on one or two players like last year.

My only slight worry about Kelly is that if he signed along with all the defenders we've offered deals to then we start to look a bit overloaded at the back.

On Spence, I certainly reckon he'd be a good signing. Played in the division below and scored 19 for a rank rotten Cowdenbeath side, and obviously knows where the net is. We'd just need to up the creativity and supply to him from what we offered our forwards last year.

Sean Kelly I don't know much of other than that a fair few Saints fans were surprised and a bit disappointed to see him go, so that would sound as if we could expect him to be a good addition for us if we were to sign him.

Spence is still only about 23 I think, seems to have improved despite leaving raith, I'd take him in a heartbeat, but does it spell the end of our love affair with nade, having also signed Thomson?

Sean Kelly, can't say anything about him,

One of the papers saying Buchanan and barr on the verge of signing on again,

Edited by optimistic

Taggart's joined Alloa in case anyone's interested. Assuming the Prince is indeed offski and a few players sign/re-sign this could be a decent starting XI:

Jamie Ewings

Craig Pettigrew Gregor Buchanan Frazer Wright Sean Kelly

????? Garry Fleming Darren Barr Andy Stirling

Greig Spence Robert Thomson

Spence is still only about 23 I think, seems to have improved despite leaving raith, I'd take him in a heartbeat, but does it spell the end of our love affair with nade, having also signed Thomson?

Sean Kelly, can't say anything about him,

One of the papers saying Buchanan and barr on the verge of signing on again,

That love affair will never end.

In all seriousness we need more than just 2 out and out strikers, competition is good and when Nade inevitably gets injured it's pivotal we have a good replacement. Nade/Thomson/Spence with Fleming also able to play up there would be pretty fantastic.

Kelly left St Mirren because he had 'fell out of love with football' or something, didn't he? Think he can play LB or CB and would be a very handy addition indeed.

For all those worried about Nicky Phinn's whereabouts he has just won an amateur cup winners medal with Colville Park. And for further Sons interest Stephen Grindlay is up against Robbie Winters in today's Junior Cup final