Sons' sorrow

Lost 5-4,some schoolboy defending cost us along with a very poor ref. 4 penalties were awarded all of which looked soft,Aggy scored a hat-trick and missed a penalty, the fourth was scored by a sub and i have no idea who it was! There was positives on an attacking front especially Aggy finally netting a trademark free kick. But the defending was criminal especially McNiff who looked very short of fitness. Still very little you can read into the game,especially with a referee who made Bobby Madden look average.

On a concerning front McGinn and Mitch went off with knocks.

Certainly sounds like an eventful game!

Hopefully we're building good fitness and cohesion in these games, the results are largely unimportant in my opinion.

What was the catalyst for Murray having a go at the officials at half-time?

1 offside goal and 1 penalty that should never have been given.

Lost 5-4,some schoolboy defending cost us along with a very poor ref. 4 penalties were awarded all of which looked soft,Aggy scored a hat-trick and missed a penalty, the fourth was scored by a sub and i have no idea who it was! There was positives on an attacking front especially Aggy finally netting a trademark free kick. But the defending was criminal especially McNiff who looked very short of fitness. Still very little you can read into the game,especially with a referee who made Bobby Madden look average.

On a concerning front McGinn and Mitch went off with knocks.

Was Ross Smith playing ? As for McNiff, no point in any of us having a go at the lad, but he's not up to Division One standard, so we have to hope he slides out of serious contention as the season nears.

This latest result worries me a bit. Losing goals of calibre of 5 to a team playing in division 3 ( no offence to queens park) isn't really giving Murray much confidence going into the season ahead..

It was a bounce game. Untwist your bloomers.

Was Ross Smith playing ? As for McNiff, no point in any of us having a go at the lad, but he's not up to Division One standard, so we have to hope he slides out of serious contention as the season nears.

No Ross wasn't playing,Kirkpatrick was the only trialist i think.

No one seems to be bemoaning Murray for having a go at a ref in a 'bounce game' a 'game all about fitness' but as soon as someone mention a concern these clichés get branded about.

Pretty unprofessional by Ian Murray.

I'm boycotting as a result of this. It's the only logical thing to do.

No one seems to be bemoaning Murray for having a go at a ref in a 'bounce game' a 'game all about fitness' but as soon as someone mention a concern these clichés get branded about.

i imagine that if it was a closed door match both teams had to pay for the ref and confidence going into the season can be decided by pre season form, so if a ref has a bad game and one team loses because of that it can effect confidence

I doubt madden would have refereed the game for free and the spfl aren't in controllof a closed door match some money wasted

^^^^^^^^Struggling to come to terms with the lack of Ian Murray in his life imo

It wasn't a bounce game,there are no refs in bounce games,it was a Pre season friendly.

Anyone know the starting 11 from last night?

Even despite losing 5 goals it's hardly worth getting ourselves tied up in knots. There'll be plenty time for that in a few weeks when we engage in our traditional shite start. I'm personally looking forward to our January form window.

Ewings (Grindlay 45)

McGinn (Kirkpatrick 80)

Linton (Smith.S 45)

McNiff

Graham

Turner (Mckerracher 60)

Gilhaney

Agnew

K.Smith (Prunty 55)

Megginson (Fleming 45)

McDougall

Pretty sure that was the team,all times are roughly calculated (made up)