Sons' sorrow

Hopeless player who hides all the time, but particularly when his side are up against it. 90% of his crosses hit the first defender who is within five yards. That's not even an exaggeration, look out for it next season.

Signings like this and Stevenson and you'll be in big trouble. Ayr aren't really signing anyone but that's better than this dross.

Why the venom ?  Both our clubs are currently overperforming, just chill out and enjoy.

We made 5 rush signings when Houston came in the door late in the summer of 2014.

Taiwo, Mcdonald, Tudor Jones, Cooper and Smith.

The 1st 2 were good business especially since we didn't have time to scout anyone..The last 3 all got bumped 1 by 1 as far better replacements were sought.

Cooper went to Paisley and then freed from them. I've no idea where Tudor Jones went?

Hopeless player who hides all the time, but particularly when his side are up against it. 90% of his crosses hit the first defender who is within five yards. That's not even an exaggeration, look out for it next season.

Signings like this and Stevenson and you'll be in big trouble. Ayr aren't really signing anyone but that's better than this dross.

People said that about Jim Lister who was brilliant for us. As a club we do make a few signings that don't live up to their billing but those guys are usually the experienced ex premier types such as Mair and Van Zanten. This is much less of a gamble and if we get at least 10 decent games out of him then it's paid off. If not, who cares we move on.

It's not like we're top of the food chain. We're always going to gamble with signings.

Edited by the snudge

Happy enough with the Smith signing.  Doubt he'll be as bad as Falkirk fans are saying - only time will tell.

Pretty buzzing for the game tomorrow night now.  I know friendlies are usually pish but will be good to see the new faces in the squad - particularly Thomson and Stevenson who both look cool as f**k 8)

Take it your not a fan 😊

Trust me you will find out, i think he will be one of those players that will drift down the leagues and ultimately junior. How he even got games for Hearts is beyond me, he even managed to score against Hibs once in a derby.

Trust me you will find out, i think he will be one of those players that will drift down the leagues and ultimately junior. How he even got games for Hearts is beyond me, he even managed to score against Hibs once in a derby.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that it's because he's not as bad as you make out. Time will tell though.

Just like any other player who signs for us we will give him a chance and shall reserve judgement for ourselves. I've lost count of the amount of times we've been informed how attrocious a signing is and they go on to establish themselves as a key squad member.

I remember when he got a run of games for Falkirk at the start of last season their fans said he looked decent. Hopefully regular football and the guidance of a sound c**t like Aitken will give the lad some confidence and allow him to strengthen the weak points in his game.

If he turns out to be shite then so be it. The guy has a decent pedigree and despite the 'HEEZ SHITE' patter from the knicker wetting Falkirk faithful I'm glad to see him sign up.

I must admit, I was a bit worried Locke would bring David Smith back to Stark's Park, so I was delighted to hear he's signed for yourselves.

Can only echo what the Falkirk fans have said about him. He was absolutely honking during his loan spell at Raith, other than one really good performance against Falkirk funnily enough.

He was far less productive in a Raith jersey than Grant Anderson, and with the greatest will in the world, Anderson was no great shakes either.

Who knows though, something might just click for him at the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium.

I'd keep expectations fairly tempered though.

I must admit, I was a bit worried Locke would bring David Smith back to Stark's Park, so I was delighted to hear he's signed for yourselves.

Can only echo what the Falkirk fans have said about him. He was absolutely honking during his loan spell at Raith, other than one really good performance against Falkirk funnily enough.

He was far less productive in a Raith jersey than Grant Anderson, and with the greatest will in the world, Anderson was no great shakes either.

Who knows though, something might just click for him at the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium.

I'd keep expectations fairly tempered though.

He was so shite in his first loan spell that Raith decided to take him back on loan again the following season?

He must have something about him or he's the worlds greatest hypnotist. Picked up by Hearts at the age of 10 and went on to play 36 games for them (okay, they had problems at the time) and since then he's been picked up by two other full-time teams in this division.  If he was genuinely as bad as made out and so woefully out of his depth I can't see how he'd have stayed at this level for the last 5 years.

Ewings

Pettigrew -- Buchanan -- Wright -- Docherty

Barr

Smith -- Stevenson -- Stirling

Fleming -- Thomson

Subs: Brown, Gallagher, McCallum, Kassarate, Clark

That looks like our likely starting 11 for now.  Relatively pleased with it at this stage and we do actually have a bit of flexibility as the players are versatile. The bench is obviously pretty weak but we expected that anyway.  I suppose the good thing this year is that it shouldn't take us long to find our strongest team given that we'll only have a few variations to try out.  Striker definitely needed though, as is another central midfielder.

Has anyone heard if Clark and Kassarate have actually signed?  Aitken said they would be part of the squad but don't actually seem to have been signed yet.

That starting Xi doesn't look too bad at all, a wee bit more dangerous going forward than last years which is nice.

Agreed though, we need a striker and midfielder, get both of them in and I reckon that'll be us. Be interesting to hear how things go tonight, as the part-time fan that I am I won't be there, which I'm kind of gutted about as I always enjoy the hope of pre-season!

Edit: Looking forward to seeing the kit today as well

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I agree as well that that starting eleven doesn't look bad at all at the moment. If we're able to add a loan or two as well then I think we'll be pretty much sorted.

The bench does lack experience and proven quality and depth, but if that's the way we're having to go, then so be it. And if we do get loans in, then it'll improve our squad depth a little at least.

How are SONS looking compared to say morton and Ayr??????? Neither of them have made many signings..have they lost many playeers from last season???

We have lost 11 players and replaced them with 2.( Oliver and Doyle)

Of the 11, 9 were in and around the squad every week with Peaso and McKeown injured most/all of the season.

We retained 10 of the first team squad and have promoted some youth players up to the first team.

We still at need at least 5/6 players

How are SONS looking compared to say morton and Ayr??????? Neither of them have made many signings..have they lost many playeers from last season???

Morton need some midfielders and strikers (rumoured to be after Nade). I don't really have any idea about Ayr's players having never seen any of them play aside from Nicky Devlin/Paul Cairney but they look like they're a good bit off completing their squad.  Early doors yet though, I expect a wave of signings over the next week or so as players start taking what they can get before the season starts.