Sons' sorrow

I have every confidence that Murray will have it under control, the guy hasn't put a foot wrong so far.

Not a huge deal giving guys like Nielson and Riordon training facilities, it will probably benefit our youngsters playing alongside experienced pros.

I don't see Murray as the type of guy who would spunk the budget without having all areas covered tbh. He seems way too sensible for anything like that.

Don't see it myself. From what I hear Lithgow was offered a good wage to stay and I don't see who we've spent that money on. Kevin Smith is one who might have wanted a good wage but with his injury problems I'm sure Murray had some negotiating room there. Who else have we signed that would demand huge wages? McGinn? Said himself he just wanted first team football and I don't think there were any other offers on the table for him. I don't see that signing breaking the bank. Turner? It's well known he signed because he got a good job outside of football and staying part time suits him, again don't see him on huge wages.

Maybe, just maybe, Murray hasn't found the right player yet and hasn't signed someone for the sake of signing someone? ;)

Aye, you could well be right Moonster, but we all need to remember that we have a managerial team here, and from what I hear Jack Ross is becoming quite influential; apparently he advocated Owen Ronald's signing and we know he was instrumental in McDougall joining us last term, so maybe it's a joint call.

All well and good providing we end up with a reasonable squad, but I'm a wee bit worried that as of now I don't see a settled starting eleven. Where does/will Megginson play ? Is it to be Phinn or Kirkpatrick, or both, or neither ? Prunty from the start or not ? All will be revealed.

Aye, you could well be right Moonster, but we all need to remember that we have a managerial team here, and from what I hear Jack Ross is becoming quite influential; apparently he advocated Owen Ronald's signing and we know he was instrumental in McDougall joining us last term, so maybe it's a joint call.

All well and good providing we end up with a reasonable squad, but I'm a wee bit worried that as of now I don't see a settled starting eleven. Where does/will Megginson play ? Is it to be Phinn or Kirkpatrick, or both, or neither ? Prunty from the start or not ? All will be revealed.

I, for one, haven't slept a wink for worrying about these dilemmas.

I'd be more worried if Jack wasn't influential to be honest. As you say they are a team and they will make calls as a team and at the end of the year they will be judged as a team and we can criticise then if necessary. I don't think there are many teams in this league with a settled starting 11. Everyone will be trying out their new players to see which combination works and it's actually a good thing that we've got Megginson/K. Smith/Fleming/Prunty all fighting for a jersey up front - something we lacked last year. If Phinn has proved to Murray he's fit then I can see us offering him a deal. Muzz has also had a good look at Jordan now so I guess we'll see soon enough if he deems him up to standard.

Hopefully we'll see what Murray thinks is his best team on Saturday.

On paper that looks like a very attractive rabbit that's just been pulled from the hat !!

Spoke to a fan on twitter and he was saying he was on the bench most of last season, had a brilliant reserve season too he was saying. Also they see him as a massive prospect and expect him to be in the squad next season. In Murray we trust!