David Bowie

AirdrieGuy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall when he announced his Murrayfield gig back in the early 80's. I had a contact on the inside who told me he would get me the best tickets in the stadium.Oh how I scoffed at all those around me scrambling for tickets whilst I sat back with my feet up laughing at them.Guess who never got a ticket laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RonKqib4sf4

Why did they get such a bad press at the time? Never understood that to be honest.

I saw him at Murrayfield for the Glass Spider tour. Not a gig that sticks out as one of my favourites to be honest. Ingleston a couple of years later though was fantastic, more of a greatest hits type gig.

Also saw him at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, thought he was a bit of an arse that day to be honest.

Only just noticed this. The single wan't a classic, I prefer his older stuff in all honesty, circa the Ziggy Stardust era. I'm still really excited for the album to come out.

I fucking love David Bowie.

I love Bowie, a Legend, refused to sing at the Olympics, refused his Knighthood, not like that royal arse licking lapdog Paul McCartney, he looks like a little old lady now, i wish he would f**k off for good!

Bowie's next album will be great, loved his 2002 album Heathen, long Live the Thin White Duke! :D

I love Bowie, a Legend, refused to sing at the Olympics, refused his Knighthood, not like that royal arse licking lapdog Paul McCartney, he looks like a little old lady now, i wish he would f**k off for good!

Bowie's next album will be great, loved his 2002 album Heathen, long Live the Thin White Duke! :D

I think he also refused his duchy.

• 1 month later...

I play bass in a "function" band. Suggested last night that we add "Jean Genie" to our extensive list of songs. Singer, 29, female, said that she had never even heard of the song, that no-one else would have either, no-one would dance to it, and we shouldn't do it.
Should I kill her?

I play bass in a "function" band. Suggested last night that we add "Jean Genie" to our extensive list of songs. Singer, 29, female, said that she had never even heard of the song, that no-one else would have either, no-one would dance to it, and we shouldn't do it.

Should I kill her?

No, but a kick in the pie would definitely be deserved!

Should I kill her?

You can't because she isn't yet alive.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived