David Bowie

AirdrieGuy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Been off work ill the last few days, so through the magic of Spotify, have been listening to a good few 'older' albums that have passed me by over the years. One of those has been 'Low' by David Bowie. What a fantastic record this is. I was only really aware of Sound & Vision from it, but I've got right into the rest of it. Might be rivalling Hunky Dory as my favourite Bowie album, amazed it's taken me this long to get around to listening to it.

The Next Day is a tremendous album. The first single, Where Are We Now, really doesn't do it justice. I was prepared for a depressing album, turned out to be amazing.

• 1 year later...

Just thought I'd share these videos in case any other Bowie fans hadn't stumbled on them.

I was looking on Youtube for Adam Buxton on Mastermind answering Bowie questions and found these Adam Buxton videos.

Tony Visconti on this video just about ended me.

'I am co-producing this record, a lot of co-production ... probably doing more than people think.'

'Bit of reverb from co-producer Tony Visconti. I am co-producing this album, doing more than people think.' :lol:

And, Cobbler Bob :lol:

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Life on Mars and Starman. A good day out at murrayfield with ice house and the Thomson twins. Pity about the rain but a good day was had.

Nothing against the TTs, as I have a few of their albums, but that's a strange choice of support act. Can't imagine a Bowie crowd would have much time for them.

Nothing against the TTs, as I have a few of their albums, but that's a strange choice of support act. Can't imagine a Bowie crowd would have much time for them.

They got the crowd going, they were a fine act live and were fun, it was raining and they did their best to lift the mood.

I hear what you're saying, but it just worked, the crowd bought into it.

Bowie was in the charts regularly at the time of the Serious moonlight tour, and he'd got a whole lot more coverage with video and new fans along with it.

A good day out.

Archived