David Bowie

AirdrieGuy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Bowie is releasing a new album. David fucking Bowie is releasing a new album. DAVID FUCKING BOWIE IS RELEASING A NEW ALBUM...YAASSSSSSSS!!!

Where Are We Now is a beautiful little single, and the vocal is excellent, almost haunting in places. If the album is in any way similar I'd definitely approve, although I'm incredibly excited regardless. It's quite amazing that in this day and age of 24 hour media and constant news breaking through Twitter, etc, that one of the biggest stars on the planet was able to release something with no fan fare and without it leaking.

As Mik says, I really hope there'll be some kind of tour to follow, I would pay a lot of money to go and see David Bowie live.

If there's a new tour, I'll be going to see it. Not a fan of the new song. Infact, it bores the f**k out of me. It's David Bowie though, so the album is sure to have some decent stuff on there. He's fairly reliable for a good track or two.

Is there any story behind his disappearance over the last few years?

He had heart problems in the mid-2000's I think, so just started living quietly and not making very many media appearances. There's was reports last year - from his biographer I think it was - that he'd pretty much fully retired and wouldn't really be in the public eye ever again, which is one of the reasons I'm very excited and happy about todays release and announcement, as I geneuinely didn't think I'd hear new music from him ever again.

He had heart problems in the mid-2000's I think

Aye. Those problems led to him cancelling his T in the Park slot and he had to get surgery. He's done wee bits and bobs since then though. It's not like he vanished off the face of the earth.

Aye. Those problems led to him cancelling his T in the Park slot and he had to get surgery. He's done wee bits and bobs since then though. It's not like he vanished off the face of the earth.

Aye, that's right. I loved his cameo in Extras, it was probably my favourite guest appearances in a programme I really enjoyed.

I fucking love David Bowie.

Bowie top 5s anyone?...

Modern Love

Young Americans

Heroes

Moonage Daydream

Golden Years

...off the top of my head.

Top Fives, David Bowie thread for this. (And it makes great reading. Thought the new single was soporific. And I'm a Bowie fan - >40yrs of following him in real time.

Bowie top 5s anyone?...

Modern Love

Young Americans

Heroes

Moonage Daydream

Golden Years

...off the top of my head.

Width of a circle

Suffragette City

Queen Bitch

Rock and roll suicide

Eight Line Poem

Would probably all change within a week or so though. It's hard enough to do a Bowie top 20 never mind a top 5.

Good stuff! Seen him at the IOW festival a few years back. and although he was a good performer on stage I felt a bit disappointed that he didn't play enough of his greatest hits. As said above though, hopefully he's planning a tour, would be well up for that.

I liked it, sounded like it could have come off the back of "Low". I've found that his recent (seems weird saying that since the last one was a decade ago) releases have either been absolutely brilliant or absolutely terrible with no middle ground. Having heard Where Are We Now has given me confidence that the album will be genuinely good and I'm excited to hear it biggrin.gif

Going to be honest, thought it was a pretty boring and shit tune.

Good that he's back though, he has a massive fanbase, can see Glastonbury and other festivals trying to tempt him with massive wads of cash to headline next year.

15 / 20 years ago he said he would never play a "hits" set again, and he's stuck to that. If he tours, I can see it being the new album with a couple of 1970's album tracks thrown in. Saw him at the SECC in 1996 and actually came down with flu as he was onstage, having to leave before the end. I was sick in more than one way.

Archived