Heart of Midlothian vs St Mirren

SEETHING

Thanks for the info, FF, but f**k - gutted for wee Fraser.

What would your thoughts be on playing McKay at right-back, FF - you've seen him play more than most?

Playing Hamill in this game would be mental. imo.

I think Brad's biggest weakness is his concentration, which can lapse at U20 level, but maybe the final would keep him focussed. I don't have a problem with Brad playing FB, but I think the question is who plays in front of him. i.e. I would generally prefer an experienced wide midfielder in front of an inexperienced FB.

If Brad plays then I'd probably go for Stevo in front of him, but not Walker for that reason.

On the other flank McHattie has that bit more experience so I think he can now cope with less experience in front of him, so I hope that Walker will start instead of Novikovas.

I can even see Hearts playing Stevo at RB. A final is not the time to experiment though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if St Mirren don't win, will Danny Lennon be kicked out on his arse?

No, but he might if, following any loss, we slump to defeat after defeat in subsequent league games, with Dundee getting anywhere close to catching us.

St Mirren fans are constantly discussing our poor league position with what is possibly our best squad for donkeys years, but this week, we are forgetting all about that. It's all about the cup final, all about an occassion that doesn't come around very often - an Old Firm free cup final.

Negative thoughts are out.

Haaaa. Must do better. We were humping them, could have went to 4-1 but Thompson slipped, and their second goal literally was the last kick of the game.

We beat em' fair and square by being better than them right through the team.

Jambos fans - this guy is a piss poor WUM. The final is approaching, dig up someone better.

He's on the wind up - if St Mirren play like they did in the semi, we'll struggle.

I think Brad's biggest weakness is his concentration, which can lapse at U20 level, but maybe the final would keep him focussed. I don't have a problem with Brad playing FB, but I think the question is who plays in front of him. i.e. I would generally prefer an experienced wide midfielder in front of an inexperienced FB.

If Brad plays then I'd probably go for Stevo in front of him, but not Walker for that reason.

On the other flank McHattie has that bit more experience so I think he can now cope with less experience in front of him, so I hope that Walker will start instead of Novikovas.

I can even see Hearts playing Stevo at RB. A final is not the time to experiment though.

I suspect we might go with Barr at RB.

Any word on McGowan's fitness? Not sure he's the answer at RB either!

Has to be Barr at right back IMO. He's much better in midfield but I can't help but think giving a 19 year old centre-back his full debut out of position in a cup final would be mental.

Wouldn't worry about that - our semi-final was the first time Conor Newton had played a full 90 minutes for a first team and he was superb.

He's on the wind up - if St Mirren play like they did in the semi, we'll struggle.

It's no wind up. Celtic hit the woodwork twice. They missed a penalty. Neil Lennon called it their worst performance of the season.

Delighted St Mirren won but the real St Mirren is the one that is terrible every week.

Reckon we'll be 2-0 after 70 minutes then we can give Holt and Walker a run out.

I'd go for McKay at right back, did well when he came on against Hibs and that was without any chance to prepare himself, although that might have worked in his favour. Barr should never be played at right back again, f**k knows how an experienced player like him can become so shite.

Our midfield was honking on sunday, but hopefully having Barr back in there we should have a bit more of a physical presence. Not a fan of Tapping or Taouil but I'd expect it will be one of the two that plays along side Barr in midfield, probably Taouil.

I'd also stick with Sutton and Ngoo up front, despite Sutton playing like he was towing a caravan on sunday. We need to be prepared to change it at half time if it's not working though, no point sticking with Sutton up front if he's useless until the 70th minute.

Tapping is not ready.

Not strong in the tackle or good in the air. Not a good distributor of the ball. Doesn't seem to have a goal in him. Totally superfluous.

Jason Holt is our best midfielder and should be starting every game.

It's no wind up. Celtic hit the woodwork twice. They missed a penalty. Neil Lennon called it their worst performance of the season.

Delighted St Mirren won but the real St Mirren is the one that is terrible every week.

Reckon we'll be 2-0 after 70 minutes then we can give Holt and Walker a run out.

Is that the same St. Mirren just a point behind hearts? If we're so terrible you's are every bit as bad!

St Mirren got the breaks in the semi. Celtic had an off day and missed their chances.

We'll have a good blend of youth and experience.

Jamie Mac

Jamie H, Webby, Wilson, McHattie

Steve, Barr, Mehdi

Ngoo, Sutts, Novi

Solid at the back

Solid in midfield

Rampant up front

For a self-titled Official Moaner, your last line there is hi-fuckin'-larious!! :lol: I take it "Sutts" is short for "Sutton" and not "Ronaldo"..?? :lol:

Swing..... and a miss. :thumsup2

:lol:

S'on the bbc.

I've got the fear that saints are going to play brilliantly on Sunday and rule the pitch but somehow contrive to throw the final away to a club that has overreached themselves by spending money they don't have and who, despite winning a good few trophies off the back of this flawed business plan, will die a slow and painful financial death.

Novikovas was shite in the derby, just as he was shite at St Mirren the last time we played them ( was hooked at half time). His heart doesn't just look in it. Walker in front of him all day long for me.

Tapping is not ready.

Not strong in the tackle or good in the air. Not a good distributor of the ball. Doesn't seem to have a goal in him. Totally superfluous.

Jason Holt is our best midfielder and should be starting every game.

Jesus Christ. He's got far better ball distribution and tackling than Jason Holt. That's for sure. If Holt fancied stopping trying to be Andres Iniesta he'd probably have better ball distribution but right now out of that whole batch of midfielders that have come through, Callum Tapping is the pick of the bunch. 2 iffy games in a formation that doesn't suit his game doesn't change that.

The team will be IMO:

MacDonald

McKay Webster Wilson McHattie

Stevenson Taouil Barr Novikovas

Sutton Ngoo

Archived