Heart of Midlothian vs St Mirren

SEETHING

You make the point, we'll judge its validity. I had to walk back to Central for the train to Newcastle after the game. Plenty of Hearts fans offered their congratulations and were all good blokes. The only grief I got, on three occasions, was from toothless, filthy looking Celtic fans who could barely stand, let alone talk. F**king scummers.

What a truly cringeworthy and ludicruous patronizing load of rubbish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's no way Stevie Thompson won't be managing St Mirren at some point in the next few years.

I was thinking about this earlier and its a risk. Many a club legend as a player has tarnished that reputation as a manager. That's why I'm glad Kevin McAllister has never got the Bairns job... yet...

What a truly cringeworthy and ludicruous patronizing load of rubbish

Wait... I recognise that grasp of English... were you the guy in the falling-down tracksuit and the Celtic top, smoking at a bus stop, who garbled something about 'smurn' and 'shite'? Sorry for ignoring you, I had a train to catch.

Hibs fans on here get rid of those Locke avatar's and get this pic as your avatar :lol:BFlahIhCEAQfruk.jpg

I had a quick search on google for a Hibs player who could give a shit about being beaten in a cup final.

Couldn't find any. :(

Wait... I recognise that grasp of English... were you the guy in the falling-down tracksuit and the Celtic top, smoking at a bus stop, who garbled something about 'smurn' and 's***e'? Sorry for ignoring you, I had a train to catch.

I have no idea what you're talking about but there is a mix of confusion and bitterness in your words.

I was going to start a thread but isn't it a sad thing when you see athletes getting drunk and dancing around pubs, dressing rooms and buses.

I feel that that's what's wrong with the SPL and football in general. Looking forward to getting drunk; imbibing large quantities of alcohol and then slavering about "McGeeeeady I have your tropheee" after McGeady got miraculous and started havering and sneering the year before. Now Thompson, a role model for St Mirren fans getting hammered with the fans.

It's what's wrong with professional football in Scotland and it's a disgrace

It's a decent point. We're fans but they're professional sportsmen

Yep I agree Davie,It's a disgrace.They should take after a real professional and role model in my opinion. This is what's right with the Scottish game.

post-14529-0-29544900-1363732776_thumb.j

I'm quite glad that oldfirm types simply don't understand this sort of thing we are experiencing now. Its something that is exclusive to fans of the smaller clubs. Killie did it last year, their fans will understand. The Hearts punters last May will have loved that.

The fact that a handful of folk have got themselves all bent out of shape because they just dont get it, is fucking brilliant. :thumsup2

Indeed. It's also been a double whammy to the graceless elements that said to the Hearts fans after the two cup finals last year "you'd be the same if it was yous, so it would!" - case just thrown out conclusively!

One of the remarkable parts on the board since Sunday has been the very audible levels of teeth-grinding seethe from predictable directions that the aftermath hasn't been the usual array of infantile "ya boo sucks to be you" ad infinitum (save one or two easily ignored one-tricks), but one of congratulation that we got one of the best League Cup finals in years both on and off the field and a new name on it; despite all their attempts to stir it.

It's like watching some sulky child having a tantrum after being shooed away because "this game's for grown-ups only" :lol:

Now all we need is for the Lorraine Kelly Fan Club to do the honours in the semis and we can look forward to another potentially perfect Scottish Cup final.

Just as Ranaldo Bairn has mentioned him at the top of the page, I couldn't help but feel delighted for Steven Thompson particularly on Sunday. The man clearly lived the dream we've all had - scoring a goal for the club you support in a cup final win. He looked like that goal was the moment of his footballing life when he ran away to celebrate. I suspected, watching the open top bus tour coverage on the news, that he'd perhaps had a couple of bevvies by then - and quite right too.

I mean, did I really see that post from Daviehaybhoy berating the St Mirren players for enjoying the moment of their careers? To be honest, I hope the St Mirren team had the party of their lives and woke with sore heads on Monday morning. They earned it.

Just as Ranaldo Bairn has mentioned him at the top of the page, I couldn't help but feel delighted for Steven Thompson particularly on Sunday. The man clearly lived the dream we've all had - scoring a goal for the club you support in a cup final win. He looked like that goal was the moment of his footballing life when he ran away to celebrate. I suspected, watching the open top bus tour coverage on the news, that he'd perhaps had a couple of bevvies by then - and quite right too.

I mean, did I really see that post from Daviehaybhoy berating the St Mirren players for enjoying the moment of their careers? To be honest, I hope the St Mirren team had the party of their lives and woke with sore heads on Monday morning. They earned it.

In some ways, it's actually understandable. Its not as if he is ever likely to see anything like that happen if Celtic win anything. There is zero chance of an open top bus parade. And even less chance of the players being out in the local pubs mingling with the fans. Anytime Celtic achieve something their celebrations will be done in private for security reasons. And you can bet your life that drink will indeed flow on these occasions. But that is one of the downsides of being a Celtic player in Glasgow I suppose.

Clubs like yours and mine who are tied to a particular town will have an absolute whale of a time on the rare times something like this happens for them. Thats what makes it fucking brilliant and fucking special. And the players absolutely love it.

They did, but then they decided to go out an party with the fans on the Monday night in the town.

Thank god for an international weekend!

Fans of the old firm just don't understand the meaning of winning a national cup final. To them, it's turning up at Hampden. Singing a few songs about the other half of the arsecheek, a quick rendition of championees then merge back into their local pubs with the other knuckledraggers to sing some more.

They will never understand the feeling of an entire town/community coming together for a massive celebration. It can't ever happen for them. In a way, it's kind of sad. But I suppose they're used to the feeling of glory so maybe it evens out overall... Hmm.

Even though I would have obviously liked Hearts to have won it, even I can't help but feel happy for guys like Thompson and for the St Mirren fans in general. It clearly means the world to them to have won and you'd have to be a hard-hearted b*****d not to be happy for them.

Archived