NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Its just a bit strange they don't really appear all that serious about getting a deal done when 1) he's coming into the peak of his career, and 2) they have a starting QB earning relative peanuts.

Seen a couple of people suggesting that WR is rapidly becoming a draft and dump position because of bloated salaries that don't reflect the value of the position, and I feel inclined to agree. Another reason why I think its inevitable that despite the league doing everything they can to promote bombs away passing, there will inevitably be a team here and there that shifts back towards pounding the ball on the deck. Its a cheaper, more cost efficient way to win football games, and with D's becoming smaller and faster to play the pass there will be a seaaon or two where rosters just aren't equipped to deal with a team determined to ram the ball down their throats. Flipside will always be "trouble if you fall behind a free-scoring O", but then if you are rocking a serious D because you haven't wasted a ton of money on O then it shouldn't be a serious problem. KC kinda tipped the wink last season, but I've had an inkling it might happen for a year or two because nobody should be paying WR's $30mil per.

US betting markets are weird.

Chargers sitting high on a lot of bookies "Aiyuk 2024 team" odds boards, which I can only assume is because of gullible bettors in the large LA market.

Always seems to be the way when a high-profile player is disgruntled. Chargers pop up on bookies boards despite it not being a franchise that makes a lot of trades historically, not a particularly attractive option for money-minded players due to Cali tax, and yet it still happened even when the Chargers had no available cap space.

Sure, LAC could use an upper-echelon WR and they do have a bit of cap room, but it's at odds with the stated philosophy of hoarding draft picks/draft and develop, and they have just spent a 1st and a 2nd on WR's in the past two drafts.

What's even weirder is that there are a dozen teams on most boards above "San Fran". 

Edited by Boo Khaki

Kittle was a guest on one of the NFLUK shows a couple of years ago. He was giving off "Can't be arsed/Rather be anywhere else" vibes the entire time and contributed absolutely nothing. 

Fair enough, he might just be shy, introverted, or not particularly given over to TV work, but it didn't prevent me thinking "this bloke's an arsepiece".

14 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Watched the 1st episode of “Reciever” last night. 

I can tell Im going to thoroughly dislike Kittles wife already. 

I liked Amon Ra St Brown's dad. His humour is so dry. 

Was really impressed with St Brown himself on the series, a really intelligent, pretty grounded guy that just oozes talent.

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I liked Amon Ra St Brown's dad. His humour is so dry. 

Was really impressed with St Brown himself on the series, a really intelligent, pretty grounded guy that just oozes talent.

He was heavily featured on the Lions Hard Knocks a few years back and came across as a really decent guy. 

So it seems the Packers are about to throw "elite" QB money at a guy who has half a season of solid play and is still under team control for 3 more years. NFL contract batshittery continues.

On 27/07/2024 at 07:01, RiG said:

And now Jordan Love. Brock Purdy will be loving this... 

Very Packers move considering they've pretty much had only three QB starters since 1992

37 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

It’s my birthday today lads and my wife got me a personal birthday video message from Jeff Reinbold. And I’m absolutely delighted 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE! HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.  (anyone who followed him on Twitter will get this).

For the Around The NFL podcast fans, a new Dan Hanzus and Marc Sessler show called "Heed The Call" is launching next week.

Finally the continuity we've been waiting for from ATN.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

For the Around The NFL podcast fans, a new Dan Hanzus and Marc Sessler show called "Heed The Call" is launching next week.

Finally the continuity we've been waiting for from ATN.

Thank f**k. I love 60% G as much as the next guy but NFL Daily is shite. Exceptions made when the wonderful Jourdan Rodrigue is on it, naturally. 

3 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Thank f**k. I love 60% G as much as the next guy but NFL Daily is shite. Exceptions made when the wonderful Jourdan Rodrigue is on it, naturally. 

Yeah, it’s a shame for Gregg, but when you’ve known him as part of the ATN crew it’s just such a massive step down trying to listen to NFL Daily. I gave it a couple of episodes and just found it really boring.

Looking forward to this new pod.