NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Having watched the full games of the Bills-Patriots and the Patriots-Jets, it's clear that if we can get a running game sorted, we're winning this diviision. It's the weakest AFC East in years. NO excuses.

While none of those teams you mention have looked great, I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself. It's still very early.

Having watched the full games of the Bills-Patriots and the Patriots-Jets, it's clear that if we can get a running game sorted, we're winning this diviision. It's the weakest AFC East in years. NO excuses.

I said before the season started that it was the best chance the Dolphins have had for years. Still think Patriots are heavy favourites simply because of Brady and Bellichick.

Winning in Cleveland while not playing particularly well was nice enough, but we won't get away with that in Indianapolis. This is the first proper test of the season. Win here, and it could be the platform for a very good season.

Looking forward to it.

What have you got this evening then guys? I'm on:

Carolina @ Buffalo (18:00)

Detroit @ Arizona (21:25)

I want to give the Bills another shot as I really liked them last week and I'm watching the Cards as The UofP Stadium is just a beautiful venue for a game.

Alternatives were/are Tennessee @ Houston which should be a barnburner and Oakland-Jacksonville.

Just watched the NFL Highlights Programme on Channel 4. Piss-poor. They showed extensive highlights from the games which were already televised, including the game they televised themselves, but next to sod all from the games most viewers won't have seen yet.

They couldn't even be arsed to show all the touchdowns, or a single interception, from the Bengals-Bears game.

I'll stick to watching highlights online from now on.

Saints minus 3 is ridiculous. Rams are 6.5 point underdogs... I'm not sure we will win but I think we will cover the spread

Yeah I wasnt touching the Rams, at +/- 6.5 it really could go either way. I've taken a 5-fold at 23/1 on:

Broncos (-4.5)

49ers (+3)

Bengals (-6.5)

Browns (+6)

Saints (-3)

Think the browns are good enough/ravens are bad enough to keep it a close game and the bengals are at least 7 points better than the steelers based on opening week, the other 3 are obvious choices

Just beat the Colts 58-3 on Madden 25, so hopefully a good omen. That said, I did sign Michael Turner and Randy Moss on free agency, and they both destroyed Indianapolis, who had Andrew Luck out injured and had to make do with a woefully ineffective Matt Hasselbeck.

None of this is happening in real life. Shame...

Just watched the NFL Highlights Programme on Channel 4. Piss-poor. They showed extensive highlights from the games which were already televised, including the game they televised themselves, but next to sod all from the games most viewers won't have seen yet.

They couldn't even be arsed to show all the touchdowns, or a single interception, from the Bengals-Bears game.

I'll stick to watching highlights online from now on.

Wtf is with the America's Game style highlights? It's horrible. As with you I'll get my highlights from nfl network