NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Congrats mate. I plan on battering my winnings on some cup action all over Europe tonight.

Cup games are one of the 5 nos of football betting ;)

What are current odds for super bowl winners? I'm guessing/assuming Hawks and Broncos are up there at the moment?

Wembley execs talking about that fact that if a UK franchise was to happen, they'd do what they could do deliver it.

BBC Story

Yeah but it'd still be the jags and they need is it 24 votes from 32.

What you would find is the away team essentially being the home team due to support from the crowd.

Seems most people would rather support any other team rather than a British NFL team.

Again, who did the people of Tennessee support before the Oilers came to town? Was there a whole load of people who had no NFL team?

What about the People of LA? How many new Raiders fans would appear if they moved back there?

I know there is a very negative approach on here to a UK franchise, but I dont think for a second that is representative of the whole of the UK. I know I'm banging the same old drum, I just think that it could work. Not saying it will, but also not saying it wont.

Again, who did the people of Tennessee support before the Oilers came to town? Was there a whole load of people who had no NFL team?

What about the People of LA? How many new Raiders fans would appear if they moved back there?

I know there is a very negative approach on here to a UK franchise, but I dont think for a second that is representative of the whole of the UK. I know I'm banging the same old drum, I just think that it could work. Not saying it will, but also not saying it wont.

Possibly but I think that the UK fan base probably has more adopted teams than the fan bases in those situations you spoke of.

Would you give up supporting a team you have followed for X amount of years to follow a british team that you don't identify with?

Like you say this place isn't representative I just think that many people on here have links/memories related to certain NFL teams for certain reasons and a team moving closer to home won't change that.

But it would be interesting too see if it could even get passed never mind what happens once it got here.

I think it is cultural.

In the USA it is quite common for teams to move cities. So in LA all sorts of teams have moved in there in all different sports. Throw in a huge "immigrant" (from other cities in the US, LA is an incredibly young city) population and people have no strong affiliation to any one team.

In tennessee i would imagine the nfl tapped into the existing huge college fanbase rather than people who had exisiting nfl affiliation.

In the UK , for the most part, your team is your team and thats it.

Now, if you are talking promoting a british team to a new generation of fans you might have a plan but with the exisiting set of fans you are on to a loser. all the polls taken with existing nfl fans in uk show they are not interested in a uk franchise.

I think it is cultural.

In the USA it is quite common for teams to move cities. So in LA all sorts of teams have moved in there in all different sports. Throw in a huge "immigrant" (from other cities in the US, LA is an incredibly young city) population and people have no strong affiliation to any one team.

In tennessee i would imagine the nfl tapped into the existing huge college fanbase rather than people who had exisiting nfl affiliation.

In the UK , for the most part, your team is your team and thats it.

Now, if you are talking promoting a british team to a new generation of fans you might have a plan but with the exisiting set of fans you are on to a loser. all the polls taken with existing nfl fans in uk show they are not interested in a uk franchise.

Unless its the colts. Come on Jim over you come!!!