NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

That's the real beauty of this for Seattle; the complexion of their team being as it is.

The number of young, late-round picks means that not only are many of their contributors on buttons (relative to the average wage of a starter in the league) but many will remain so for a time yet as under the most recent CBA a rookie cannot reup his deal until he has three years service in the league.

And even at that their current, low-paying contracts extend to fourth and fifth years.

Just a bang up job by Schneider and Carroll.

Good post. It's only Sherman and Thomas that are ready to re-sign and they can get rid of Clemons and Rice to give them the space.

As well as the above, they have excellent coaching staff which means 7th Round draft picks and UDFA's will always be able to slot in if needed (Byron Maxwell and Malcolm Smith are perfect examples). Good coaching = deep roster.

I'd love to know what price Malcolm Smith was for MVP last night. I'd imagine he wasn't even quoted with some firms.

Probably not, there hasnt been a defensive player that's won it since Lawrence Taylor

Probably not, there hasnt been a defensive player that's won it since Lawrence Taylor

thats just superbowl mvp mate, LT was the season mvp. Bucs safety won superbowl mvp when they won it and ray lewis a couple of years before, they were the most recent two defensive players to do so.

Sydney Rice is on $7 million a year. Get rid and get some of the younger lads signed up.

Wilson is only on $600, 000. I assume makes money on endorsements above that though?

Text messages between Incognito and Martin

I only read a quarter of the way through (there's loads), so excuse my ignorance, but it doesn't look like there is much bullying going on there. Incognito is clearly an arsehole but in context, his vulgarity towards Martin doesn't seem that big a deal to me. Again, Incognito isn't a very nice human being.

Interesting insight into NFL players lifestyles. Partying, "banging chicks mouths" and recreational drugs.