NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Michael Robinson with some thoughts how Michael Sam may be received in the locker room :o

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325635/article/michael-robinson-itll-be-very-tough-for-michael-sam

I listened to this podcast today and was quite surprised how open these guys were about it, I expected them to tow a party line but they didn't!

I heard Michael Bennett on a different podcast and thought he was really good in the way he spoke about it

Ted Wells report is out (investigation into Incognito and Martin).

The report from Wells names Richie Incognito, John Jerry & Mike Pouncey, Dolphins OLs, engaged in harassment of Martin, other OLs & trainer
The report “rejects any suggestion that Martin manufactured claims of abuse after the fact to cover up an impetuous decision to leave team”
The Report says Martin’s teammates “did not intend to drive Martin from the team or cause him lasting emotional injury.” It contributed tho

If anyone would like to read all 140 pages, be my guest - link.

What sort of suspension do we think Ray Rice will end up with for wife beating? I assume it'll happen whether or not he's actually convicted. Think this could be a chance for Bernard pierce to finally up his average ypc to starter calibre?

I think he will get at least a couple of games no matter what happens. If found guilty then I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens use it as an excuse to trade or cut him after his poor 2013 season.

Is Pierce good enough to be a RB1. I doubt it personally. Can't see the Ravens letting Rice go, unless they get a replacement.

Is Pierce good enough to be a RB1. I doubt it personally. Can't see the Ravens letting Rice go, unless they get a replacement.

No hes shite, Cierre Wood might even be the better option tbh. Theres no way they'll let him go but suspension looms

Looks like Miami could have a brand new OL and coach next season. Cognito, Jerry, Pouncey and Martin unlikely to play for the fins again. RT and replacement RG at end of contracts and they've sacked Turner and their performance coach.

No hes shite, Cierre Wood might even be the better option tbh. Theres no way they'll let him go but suspension looms

Did a bit of reading and I now agree that there is no way they can cut him. He would count more against the cap if they did either for this year or next and they cannot afford that given their tight cap situation.