NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/christian-kirksey-and-julius-thomas-get-identical-fines-for-illegal-hits-190359447.html

This article pretty much sums up why I'm done with the NFL for a while.

$8k for the hit on Locker in the Endzone is a joke. If that was Brady or Manning it would be a 4 game ban.

What about the 2nd late hit on Locker where he comes flying in with a late hit to the head, very deliberate. That was the one one where Locker injured his hand trying to protect himself. The NFL is a joke.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/christian-kirksey-and-julius-thomas-get-identical-fines-for-illegal-hits-190359447.html

$8k for the hit on Locker in the Endzone is a joke. If that was Brady or Manning it would be a 4 game ban.

That Julius Thomas chop block was even worse, done a fair bit of damage to the guy as well if I heard correctly (was it Calais Campbell?)

Cheer up you will probably win this weekend.

The Thomas hit wasn't even a chop block. Clady was not engaged with Campbell at that point. He was flagged for a Lure block.

well low block then, same thing. Either way it was dangerous as hell, you go for someones knee while they're set in the turf and that has the potential to be a career ender.

well low block then, same thing. Either way it was dangerous as hell, you go for someones knee while they're set in the turf and that has the potential to be a career ender.

Low blocks are perfectly legal though. Can't deny it is dangerous.

Now Adrian Peterson has admitted to smoking weed before a drugs test.

Iv a feeling we won't see this incredible talent play in the league then

Cant see that effecting the outcome tbh. It'll be a case of whether or not hes found guilty in the child abuse case. Or if hes found not guilty and then a video of him doing it somehow makes it worse after the fact...

Saints are poor with him anyway. They need Mark Ingram back.

Can't really argue with that. After the start to his saints career never thought that would be the case for Ingram. Luckily for them the division looks distinctly average so could possibly hang around, wouldn't fancy any of the NFC South to go further than first round of the play off!

I hope so.

Yeah, I'd imagine it'll be pretty loud in an attempt to take the record back off Kansas. I've seen people on here suggest noise is piped into the stadium. It'd be very disappointing if that is the case