NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Backup?

Depends how capable the rookie is (they're sure to draft one). They only have 1 LB with significant playing time. Urlacher can bring the leadership that Ray Lewis brought and he will be able to mentor the young players.

Brian Urlacher is finished in Chicago

Where next for the big man?

Depending how much hes after he may be finished full stop. Deserves a championship before his career is out though.

I kind of wonder with Urlacher in terms of his thinking. He's asking for a fair bit of money and yes he deserves a great deal of respect for the career he's had however contracts should be awarded and paid on how you expect him to perform now.

I strongly believe that Ray Lewis retired because during his recuparation he saw on tape how far his performance had fallen and done the right thing and retired.

For me Urlacher is playing poorer than that and he should recognise that. If he doesn't then I have to wonder if he's the great leader he's touted to be and one of the points his agent will be selling teams on.

In terms of personality or whatever, Ed Reed is my favourite player in the NFL.

So I'm disappointed to see him go to the Texans. Now of course I don't know what his options were but to me the Texans are major frauds and I'd rather have seen him go to a genuine contender who had a need for him - say SF, Denver, NE - or see it out with Baltimore who I don't especially like. Or even have ended it at his hometown team, NO.

No offense to Houston but it just seems hia career will end unremarkably from here.

just catching up with all the comings and goings. disappointed to see welker go,still a very good wr ,woodhead was getting used les and less though.looks like we will be going to tes this year if we can keep them healthy.

Wilson is a great signing at safety but bringing Arlington back at cb is a nightmare. he is shite . trust bb tho and nothing in the afc east would concern me in regards to making post season

just catching up with all the comings and goings. disappointed to see welker go,still a very good wr ,woodhead was getting used les and less though.looks like we will be going to tes this year if we can keep them healthy.

Wilson is a great signing at safety but bringing Arlington back at cb is a nightmare. he is shite . trust bb tho and nothing in the afc east would concern me in regards to making post season

I am not bothered about Welker tbh, Amendola is a younger version of him with the potential to be a better player if he can stay healthy. The resigning of Talib was massive and hopefully we can get Vollmer resigned. Wilson is a solid signing.

I am not bothered about Welker tbh, Amendola is a younger version of him with the potential to be a better player if he can stay healthy. The resigning of Talib was massive and hopefully we can get Vollmer resigned. Wilson is a solid signing.

he dropped a couple of easy catcvhes for crucial 1st downs in the afcgame so aye, f**k him :)

expecting big things from ridley and vereen this year

expecting big things from ridley and vereen this year

I think Vereen is going to be a massive part of the Pats offense next season. He'll motion out as a wide receiver to get matched up against LB's more often. If the defense get wise and try to match him up with a CB, they just run the ball. Similar to what they do with Hernandez.

The Falcons are hoping to sign Osi Umenyiora before the end of the weekend.

Giants fans, how much does he have left in the tank?

We have zero pass rush at the moment.

On the decline but still a decent pass rusher. Might struggle against the run

Don't know much about Dumervil apart from people online saying good things? Any opinions or info guys?

Good pass rusher. I think he'll be used in a situational role, rotating with Courtney Upshaw. Best to ask the Bronco's fans for a more in depth opinion.