NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

It would be very silly to take Barkley at 1 over a QB. RB's are nothing in today's league and they cannot take the chance that their guy is gone at number 4.

Barkley goes 2 or 3? Perfect, get Nick Chubb in the second round if you're desperate for a RB. 

Edited by GingerSaint

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Mayfield will still be there at 4, if QBs go at 2 and 3 it will be Darnold and Rosen.

How do you know this?

What are this weekends lottery numbers?

The Browns have now traded for Jarvis Landry, Tyrod Taylor and Damarious Randall. They still hold picks 1 and 4. That's some impressive dealing.

If Taylor commanded a 3rd round pick, what should the Eagles expect for Foles? Apparently a first and a fourth package has been rejected already

Me and a couple of mates are starting to podcast about American football. Give us a like/share/retweet of you're feeling kind, and watch out for the first episode in the next couple of weeks.

Facebook

Twitter

We've released episode 1. Have a listen, let me know if you think I'm talking shite!

Clicky

Got as far as you saying you were a Cardinals fan. Turned off [emoji6]

OK listened all the way through now. I've watched NFL for nearly 30 years now but I'm still a rookie when it comes to actually knowing about its intricacies. Listening to a podcast like this provides some excellent analysis.

That said, we've got a Cardinals fan, a Skins fan, a glory hunting Browns fan and all three of you sound about 20 years old! [emoji6]

OK listened all the way through now. I've watched NFL for nearly 30 years now but I'm still a rookie when it comes to actually knowing about its intricacies. Listening to a podcast like this provides some excellent analysis.

That said, we've got a Cardinals fan, a Skins fan, a glory hunting Browns fan and all three of you sound about 20 years old! [emoji6]

Thanks for listening, and I'm glad it sounds like we know what we're talking about!

I think over the next few episodes we're going to introduce a regular feature where I explain some of the basics, starting with free agency next week.

I know almost nothing about American Football but always thought 32(?) is a ridiculously low number of teams for a country the size of America. I know there is a franchise system and no relegation from it but what is the structure below this level of the sport?

Canada.