NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

9 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Il be in the minority here but I don’t like the London games. Never have, never will. Firstly it fuels the folk wanting a UK/London franchise (I’m looking at you Neil Reynolds) and after being at a Wembley game the atmosphere is pish. It’s so flat! No home crowd. 

I wait for your criticism 

No point in criticism. If you don’t like the London games, you don’t like them. Not as if anyone forces anyone to attend them or watch them on TV. The London franchise thing was the biggest load of old bollocks ever though. Not happening - never was. Season goes to 17 games, international games go on a rota, now there’s three in London, two in Germany, and has been one in Mexico City. Next stop will be Japan maybe?

Only way there will be a London franchise is in the far future, if the sport could have overseas teams in multiple European cities - a whole new division of four teams? I can’t see that happening. Talk of London getting a team was just to pique interest amongst casual fans here IMHO. Try to hook some fans in by saying it could happen. Load of pish, and I firmly believe Neil Reynolds knows it too. He was onboard with the ‘franchise’ talk as a fully paid up member of the Goodell fan club… again, IMHO.

I love the London games. Having been to multiple games Stateside, it obviously isn’t the same partisan crowd, but so what? It’s like taking Liverpool v Man Utd out of Anfield and playing it at MetLife, with only 7,000 UK fans flying over for it, and 63,000 or so ‘soccer’ fans from all over the USA and Canada, Mexico etc, in the other seats. It’s not a pre-season friendly though, so if it is a pucker EPL competitive game, then I would expect the 63,000 non UK partisan fans to enjoy seeing it on their own doorstep. We could always send them St Mirren v Ross County though. Fcuk with their minds. Not sure we’d need MetLife or FedEx Field for that one though. 😎

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Hospitality! Didn't know we had high rollers on this Forum

Hardly! Save up for it and treat the four days there as an annual holiday with the game and whole hospitality day being the highlight. Great thing about it, amongst many great things, is that with three-hours pre-game eating & an all inclusive bar, plus drinks at half time, and a couple of hours post-game… by the time you get poured out of Wembley towards the tube station, you genuinely don’t care how utterly shite that Saints v Dolphins game you just watched actually was. 😌

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

We could always send them St Mirren v Ross County though. Fcuk with their minds. Not sure we’d need MetLife or FedEx Field for that one though.

That would be class.

"The SPFL is delighted to announce that the home teams for this year's Cleveland series will be Livingston, Clyde, FC Edinburgh, and Falkirk"

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That would be class.

"The SPFL is delighted to announce that the home teams for this year's Cleveland series will be Livingston, Clyde, FC Edinburgh, and Falkirk"

…. The SPFL say Shitsville, Ohio could absolutely have a fitba’ franchise there one day. Maybe even two. 😍

57 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I refuse to believe anything bad can happen to those jammy fucks. They'll get loads of draft picks and still end up with another Hall of Fame QB who never gets injured.

Jordan Love, Bear killer for the next 10 years - either that or they swap their first round pick plus Rodgers to the Texans and take a QB 🤔😂

5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Neither would surprise me. Packers aren't allowed to have a bad QB.

The twenty year period between Bart Starr and Brett Favre was grim. Lynn Dickey and Don Majkowski the best of the bunch and neither of those were up to much.

7 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

The twenty year period between Bart Starr and Brett Favre was grim. Lynn Dickey and Don Majkowski the best of the bunch and neither of those were up to much.

I've noticed a common theme in sport. Everything was better before I started watching. ☹️

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

15 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I've noticed a common theme in sport. Everything was better before I started watching. 

Hah! My first year as a Chargers obsessive was Dan Fouts last, then there was five years of total garbage at QB like Mark Malone, Jim McMahon (who was always crap, even in 1985), BIlly-Joe Tolliver, John Friesz, a brief respite while Stan Humphries was healthy, then another five years of utter garbage, including Craig Welihan, Ryan Leaf, Moses Moreno, a past it Jim Harbaugh, a past it Sean Salisbury, a past it Erik Kramer, a past it Jim Everett, Doug Flutie playing his heart out on a garbage team, then 2.5 years of Drew Brees stinking the place out before it finally clicked for him.

Chargers have been lucky with QB's over the past 20 years, but it was a completely different story for the first 15 years I was a fan. There was one year, 2001 perhaps, where we carried four QB's on the roster because there were huge question marks over all of them. At one point we even started Casey Weldon in a Sunday game after we signed him off the street midweek. 

Think the year we carried 4 QB's was 2001 actually. Flutie got injured, Brees was a rookie and Marty refused to play him, so we carried those two plus Dave Dickerson who we'd signed from the CFL in case we didn't land a QB in the draft, and Cleo Lemon who had played like a phenom in pre-season. Madness.

In Philip Rivers rookie season our QB room was Brees, Rivers, and Doug Flutie. We went from one extreme to the other.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Never underestimate the recruitment of the Denver Broncos

Ach shooshhhh! I have been quite happy the last week or so only thinking about the playoff teams, and you go and say the ‘D’ word? Pah. 😜

3 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Ran Carthon to take Trey Lance with him?

Let me give you a welcome break from the football tonight...

Trey Lance any good like?

I know he was meant to be starter this season but got injured early doors. Haven't seen much of him.

Trey Lance didn't play much in College and was liked more for his physique, arm strength and what he could become.

It always seemed like he'd need a year or so in the NFL before he would be good to go.

Unfortunately so far he's only played about 1 game before getting injured. So entering his 3rd year and he's like a rookie.