Free Money

I don't understand them.

basically instead of a handicap where there are 3 possible results, the asian handicaps means there are only 2

for example these are first half bets, bet bayern -0.5 at 1.825/1 so bayern only need to be winning at HT

then in play id bet arsenal +0.5 at 2.025/1

so effectively ANY result means i get a return, whereas in the original handicaps you'd have to pick either Bayern -1, Arsenal +1 or bayern -1 and draw game

The +1,+1.5 part is the same as 1.25. Means half your stake goes on +1 and half goes on +1.5. So if they lose by 1, you'll get your stake back on the +1 bet (+1 and -1 on AH is returned stakes if they lose/win by 1, unlike regular handicap) and you'll win your +1.5 bet (which is the same as +2 on a regular handicap). So overall you'll get a half win. If they lose by 2 you'll lose both bets, if they avoid defeat it'll be a full win as you'll win both bets.

It's a great market to bet in, margins are very tight and you can stake every bet the same at around evens as regardless of the difference in quality of the teams as the handicap line would be represent that difference.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

Does that not mean it would be a poor market to use in conjunction with the inplay money back offer? As part of the attraction of Asian betting is you can get part of your stake back? That is negated by the offer as you would get it all back?

Also, how does it work with accumulators? If half your bet wins and half doesn't does it count as a win for your acca?

I'm not going for guaranteed profit, just a risk free £50 bet. £50 over 1.5 pre game bet @ 1/7, £50 in play bet on Arsenal to win from behind @ 20/1, assuming it's still available inplay, and a side bet with another bookie of £8.70 on 0 or 1 goals @ 19/4. 0 or 1 goals wins 2p, over 1.5 goals loses £1.56*, and Arsenal winning from behind wins a grand.

*Would have broke even but Bet365 dropped the odds from 1/6 to 1/7 before I could get the bet on. b*****ds.

Edited by welshbairn

Does that not mean it would be a poor market to use in conjunction with the inplay money back offer? As part of the attraction of Asian betting is you can get part of your stake back? That is negated by the offer as you would get it all back?

Also, how does it work with accumulators? If half your bet wins and half doesn't does it count as a win for your acca?

Yeah there would be no point doing it in the bet365 offer.

I've never bet AH on accumulators but I'd imagine the odds would be halved and it would count as a winning selection. Not sure how it would work if it's a half loss.

i guess it would depend on what you bet

i was thinking of using 2 accounts, one bets bayern -0.5 for first half and then in play bets bayern -1.5 for first half

second account bets arsenal +1.5 for first half, then in play bets arsenal +0.5 for first half

so even if bayern are winning by 1 goal at HT you get 2 bets up, if bayern win by 2 at HT you get both bayern bets up, if its a draw or arsenal winning at HT you get the two arsenal bets up, plus you'd get at least 1 if not both in play bets refunded also

i think im doing it right, always had a look at the asian handicaps but never tried them incase i fucked it up, hopefully someone can confirm either way if that sounds right or not

Edited by 53_and_counting

Don't want Arsenal to win so I've gone Bayern or Draw pre-match at 10-1 on, will go Arsenal in play at 13/2 (based on current odds).

If Arsenal win I'll have £275 profit. If not I'll be pleased they haven't won and have a fiver to blow on some stupid accumulator.

I'm not going for guaranteed profit, just a risk free £50 bet. £50 over 1.5 pre game bet @ 1/7, £50 in play bet on Arsenal to win from behind @ 20/1, assuming it's still available inplay, and a side bet with another bookie of £8.70 on 0 or 1 goals @ 19/4. 0 or 1 goals wins 2p, over 1.5 goals loses £1.56*, and Arsenal winning from behind wins a grand.

*Would have broke even but Bet365 dropped the odds from 1/6 to 1/7 before I could get the bet on. b*****ds.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here but would you not make a loss of £8.68 if under 1.5? As you have to include your £8.70 in the overall stake.

£108.70 staked - £100.02 returned.