Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not really, insomuch that it didn't have any obvious gaping holes like the papers the day before. It is also something that is never mentioned. Hell, I don't even know if the yougov poll was the first question or not. Was it?

But ive already accepted the point twice now. I know you wouldn't know intellectual honesty if it raped your children, but I agree with the argument that the first question (although still confused as to why the second?) Is leading. So yes, as new information has come to light, I have revised my argument in line with the evidence.

Its called intellectual honesty. Compare that to the last 24 hours of unionist fail.

I know some folk on here like being edgy and controversial but there is no need for shite like the above.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a story somewhere today, the gist being that we'd apparantly be a couple of billion worse off, over the next 30 years, lol, equating to something like £12.50 for every Scot.

£12.50 to be in charge of our own affairs & be shot of the one sided "union"

I'm in,

Could probably cover somebody else's subs too if anyone's struggling :D

Did somebody ask for a graph the other day? This is from March, and was spot on if you believe the most recent Panelbase/SNP poll that Yes has overtaken no. If, however, you believe the DevoPlus poll, it's miles off.

I'll throw it in here anyway, it's another bone to chew on.

http://www.arcofprosperity.org/yes-will-overtake-no-in-five-months-time/

@ Barrysnotter: I agree, XBL's comment ("you wouldn't know intellectual honesty if it raped your children") was a shocker. Let's all try and show a bit of class, eh?

Did somebody ask for a graph the other day? This is from March, and was spot on if you believe the most recent Panelbase/SNP poll that Yes has overtaken no. If, however, you believe the DevoPlus poll, it's miles off.

@ Barrysnotter: I agree, XBL's comment ("you wouldn't know intellectual honesty if it raped your children") was a shocker. Let's all try and show a bit of class, eh?

It's pretty impressive that they even had it down as September 1st.

spookily impressive forecasting if you take panelbase at face value. Only caveat is you would expect the undecided to reduce as you neared polling day not rise...or maybe the whole debate is confusing people!

Maybe you're only personifying a concept but it's still lower than a snake's belly to talk about the idea of raping someone's children because you disagree with them in a political debate.

You'll not find someone more staunchly for independence than me but I'm not going to see someone come out with that pish and not call them on it. Let's keep folk's children out the debate, eh? It has literally zero to do with anything that anyone was talking about and adds no value.

What exactly is so bad about that comment? Nobody has explained.

There's no need for it and raping children isn't nice. Best take it back rather than defend the indefensible. For instance "you wouldn't know intellectual honesty if it shat in your shoes" is just as effective and factually correct.

Im not talking about raping anyone's children though. How can something that has no physical form and exists only as a personality description rape anything? It isn't possible.

So no, I will accept that it is a disgusting turn of phrase, that was the point. But I stand by it.

I would say the personal comments slung about normally are far worse and more offensive, but less disgusting.

No, children being raped isn't acceptable as an image while shitting in someone's shoes can be quite satisfying and isn't offensive to anyone except the shoes owner and maybe the shoes.

There's no need for it and raping children isn't nice. Best take it back rather than defend the indefensible. For instance "you wouldn't know intellectual honesty if it shat in your shoes" is just as effective and factually correct.

Are you suggesting Ian McCall is intellectually honest?

:P

Fucking Christ. xbl's comment wouldn't have battered an eyelid on here a few years back. People just want to be offended.

Nobody got offended for hours after I made the comment either. I don't see anything offensive about it. I stand by it.

"You're use of "you wouldn't know intellectual honesty if it raped your children" is completely way out of line. It's upset many members of the board. I know you are looking to stamp your authority all over the Independence thread but do it using less offensive methods please."

From thundermonkey. A man who isn't afraid to give out personal comment himself. I still stand by it.

Archived