Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hark at you :lol:

Its right though, isn't it? You're scared. Do you actually think things are great for Scotland right now? Your whole attitude is one of "look at us, the trams took ages, aren't we shit?" Too Wee, Too Poor, Too Stupid. No wonder you haven't contributed so far. Its embarrassing.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since you do seem to be sticking around:

The main political parties at Westminster level are just itching to get rid of Barnett, meaning the status quo is not an option.

Countries of a similar size to what Scotland would be have rebounded from the economic crisis far quicker than larger nations because small means flexible.

Things already went to rat shit as part of the union.

This might be my only post on the subject as I can't be arsed bickering about it ...

I'm not a gambling man, if it aint broke don't fix it - can it all go to rat shit if we stay in the Union ? ... probably not !

Can it all go horrendously wrong if we go independent ... hell yes, and almost certainly yes !!

This is the country that's been building a 9 mile stretch of tram line since 2007 FFS !!

Ah, you're a shitebag. That's your reason for being against independence

Also, the trans nonsense was down to Edinburgh Council fucking things up, the SNP wanted to scrap the project but couldn't

I'll give you a clue what party was in charge when the project was agree

It was Labour

when i had a peek on rangers media it was about 30 70 in favour of the union, which i think is a promising stat as thats still quite a lot of them that are seeing sense and not basing their judgement on the bigoted views of fellow supporters

I actually think OF attitudes to independence are a lot more complex than people make out.

I know that a sizeable minority of Rangers fans will vote yes and a surprising number of Celtic fans will vote no. Hard to generalise IMO.

The other good thing- the knuckledraggers from Saltcoats almost certainly won't bother voting, due to either being pished or unable to mark an x with a pencil on a piece of paper.

I know that a sizeable minority of Rangers fans will vote yes and a surprising number of Celtic fans will vote no.

I think with both sides of the OF, more fans of each club will vote No than Yes. Though for different reasons.

It amazes and sickens me when I encounter grown adults who come out with the self loathing cowardly garbage out forward by Ned.

And they ALWAYS run away from the subject when challenged. Normally muttering under their breath.

The sad thing is that deep down they know that their position is indefensible and they are ashamed of it yet they still persist.

Being opposed to political independence for your own country is not normal.

The thought of an independent Scotland is very appealing - I'd love it to work out !

Do I think there's a high chance of it being an utter disaster - yes !

I've got ten months to be convinced otherwise but the 'reasons' that have been chucked back at me so far (that I've got low self-esteem and I'm a 'shitebag') are falling well short of the mark !

It's a No from me

Ah, you're a shitebag. That's your reason for being against independence

Also, the trans nonsense was down to Edinburgh Council fucking things up, the SNP wanted to scrap the project but couldn't

I'll give you a clue what party was in charge when the project was agree

It was Labour

I didn't mention the SNP or Labour :unsure2:

I didn't mention the SNP or Labour :unsure2:

You mention the trams, it was a unionist party that helped fucked it up, so why trust them in the future?

Anyways, you're still a shitbag. That's essentially your reasons for voting against independence. No bottle

The thought of an independent Scotland is very appealing - I'd love it to work out !

I've got ten months to be convinced otherwise but the 'reasons' that have been chucked back at me so far (that I've got low self-esteem and I'm a 'shitebag') are falling well short of the mark !

It's a No from me

WHY do you think it has a high chance of being an utter disaster?

And the "reasons" aren't being "chucked back" at you. You are being treated with the disdain you deserve. How are folk meant to reason with you when you do nothing but say "it won't work" without specifying why. You're scared, its as simple as that. But WHY are you scared?

I actually think OF attitudes to independence are a lot more complex than people make out.

I know that a sizeable minority of Rangers fans will vote yes and a surprising number of Celtic fans will vote no. Hard to generalise IMO.

The other good thing- the knuckledraggers from Saltcoats almost certainly won't bother voting, due to either being pished or unable to mark an x with a pencil on a piece of paper.

Im not sure what your average Tim is going to say about independence, think they will be a mixed bag as they are more concerned with Oirland, although i have seen a herd of time burning a union jack so i suppose thats a good thing

It's a No from me

Youre talking Scotland down.

There are levers to be pulled. Knobs to be twiddled.

Im not sure what your average Tim is going to say about independence, think they will be a mixed bag as they are more concerned with Oirland, although i have seen a herd of time burning a union jack so i suppose thats a good thing

My experience of Celtic fans? Far more Unionist than Rangers.

Youre talking Scotland down.

There are levers to be pulled. Knobs to be twiddled.

Meanwhile, still waiting for pension figures.

It's a No from me

I don't agree with haranguing people, so I can sympathise here. Did you not read the (very truncated so they'd be easy to read) reasons I provided, or is it just you don't want to be convinced?

Person A has their salary of £1700 paid into the bank account of person B, who gives them £1200 back each time. Person A can decide how some of it is spent and Person B makes the rest of the decisions.

Person B: Do you want to just have the money paid into your bank account and make all the decisions rom now on? Your choice.

Person A: No. Thanks for giving me £1200 a month mate.

Person A is currently over half of Scotland's electorate.

It amazes and sickens me when I encounter grown adults who come out with the self loathing cowardly garbage out forward by Ned.

And they ALWAYS run away from the subject when challenged. Normally muttering under their breath.

The sad thing is that deep down they know that their position is indefensible and they are ashamed of it yet they still persist.

Being opposed to political independence for your own country is not normal.

I don't know why we think unloading a pile of self-righteous gibberish on people like this is a good way to win the argument. Floating voters are the people who will decide the campaign. Treating them like the enemy and throwing insults at them simply for not already being a believer is the exact opposite of what yes supporters should be doing.

For me, no voters tend to have a fairly weak level of support. There are some people that can never be convinced to vote differently, but most of them just support no because they genuinely think it would be better economically and don't put much stock in any of the other non-economic arguments for independence. You win that argument with evidence, not adjectives. Calling everyone who isn't already a hardened yes campaigner a sh*tebag is only going to make them more likely to vote no.

My experience of Celtic fans? Far more Unionist than Rangers.

They aren't.

But you're entitled to your opinion I suppose.

That said, a large percentage of Celtic fans will vote no. They may support the Union or they may be simply believe an independent Scotland would be weaker outside the UK. Either way its good for Scotland and indicative of the progress of West Coast society so well played to them. :)

Archived