Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest here. Taking away the p&b poll there is next to no positives for the yes campaign to take from any recent polls

I so hope I'm wrong and that it will swing in our favour but truthfully, I'll be stunned if it wins the day. Too many people scared to deviate from the consensus that the uk has and will continue to serve us well

Hopefully the margin will be slim enough that the idea of independence won't die and can resurrect itself once the labour voting zombie generations all die off. I think we will become independent, but just not as a result of this referendum

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Any kind of a No vote, combined with a loss of SNP majority in 2016 would pretty much kill the whole thing dead for a long time to come. Either way we are at the end of the road for meaningful devolution: You only have to observe the vague assertions and coy promises about possible further devolved powers, and to see how quickly Johann Lamont's devolved income tax plans fell apart when put to the London party heirarchy to realise that none of the UK parties are willing to lose more Westminster control. What we have now is Devo max, insofar as it's all UK parties will ever offer - not withstanding the odd minor tweak around the edges.

2014 is all or nothing.

Still mopping off the fear sweat? Just what exactly are people exiting from when they are polled, Reynard?

Why would I need to be doing that? You've lost already, its just a question of how enormous the final reckoning will be.

I think you have managed to miss the point I was making regarding the exit poll line. If you wish to continue your tumble down fail cliff then carry on, it wont be the first or last time you do it on here. You seem to have a penchant for making a fucking arse of yourself.

Get real FFS! Last poll showed a 4% swing needed. If you believe a 4% swing can't be acheived 15 months out from the actual vote then you're deluded.

Get real. Ho ho ho.

The reality is that Yes has already lost. Everyone knows that. It's about managing their defeat and how the SNP can come out of a lost referendum with a modicum of strength.

I genuinely thought no one really believed Yes could win (though they might posture in public to save face) but alarmingly I actually think you might believe that Yes can indeed win?

Reynard's problem is that there hasn't been any good news for the Union since about 1948.

Your main problem being that you are backing a cause that is losing massively yet are trying to convince yourself your going to do it. Its is the equivalent of Hitlers bunker in here. Lots of tragic figures cutting around hoping the troops are going to waltz in and bring them the good news from the front that the tide has turned in their favour, but in actual fact its a fucking hopeless cause and the only way out is chowing down on the cyanide or cracking a bullet into your own napper.

Get real. Ho ho ho.

The reality is that Yes has already lost. Everyone knows that. It's about managing their defeat and how the SNP can come out of a lost referendum with a modicum of strength.

I genuinely thought no one really believed Yes could win (though they might posture in public to save face) but alarmingly I actually think you might believe that Yes can indeed win?

I think he genuinely does! :lol:

Its a truly pathetic sight.

and into slavoj goes into hiding.

My Sister lives in Haddington and confirms her daughters at knox (both 15 ) were not polled. Indeed the only link google gives me shows teachers not being impartial in the slightest.

http://www.ka-net.org.uk/story/debate-scottish-independence

To be fair, they only actually introduced Modern Studies a couple of years ago to the school, long before most other areas ever did. Not that it will stop them churning out shite like they've been a progressive politic-minded school mind you*.

I would say even then, most of kids are fairly impartial, at least they are according to my siblings that study there. They're hardly going to be discussing the McCrone report while they tap a sly fag out of the back of the premises anyway, because more exciting stuff like that teenage pregnancy chucking a chair at Ms 'Thunderthighs' Elliot for getting a punny is where the shit is at.

*Maybe some bitterness to a certain 'friend' of mine not getting an opportunity to study the subject and do out of their own personal time, the fuckers.

In fact, that 75% will do what their parents do, alongside the 60% want more information before making a deicsion paints a very confused situation for these kids, and is easily the most important findings.

What's confusing about it? It's not at all surprising that the majority of children will vote as their parents do.

Their survey was never going to be that interesting. If they had weighted it by the parent's responses in the average ration of adult polling data (say over 100 kids this would mean asking around 45-40 anti-secession parents, and 30-35 secessionists, with the rest undecided, you would still have got a large percentage towards "No".

Its is the equivalent of Hitlers bunker in here. Lots of tragic figures cutting around hoping the troops are going to waltz in and bring them the good news from the front that the tide has turned in their favour, but in actual fact its a fucking hopeless cause and the only way out is chowing down on the cyanide or cracking a bullet into your own napper.

That's what I'm seeing too.

I predicted a while ago that once the defeat mode sets in a scapegoat would have to be found (to get away from the fact that deomcracy has failed the Nationalists) and it would be the media. That's started to creep in amongst the fake positive "I converted 1.2 million No voters this morning, things are looking Tony the Tiger G-r-r-e-a-t" posts. You'll see a marked upturn in wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Nattards about the Unionist bias in the press, BBC Scotland etc etc. over the next few months.

Ultimately the problem for the Yes punters is that they are a minority. And that really really hurts them.

Archived