Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep. I wonder if HB is still proudly "Scottish AND British",

I'm not proud at all to be either Scottish or British. I don't understand why anyone is proud to be a particular nationality.

It's not like you've achieved anything by being Scottish or British.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. I wonder if HB is still proudly "Scottish AND British", given that he is so ashamed of his own flag.

Edited to add, and yes, if only Alex Salmond was a bit more like David Cameron or Tony Blair! :lol:

Exactly! If the Unionists are proud to be Scottish why are they "embarrassed" of the flag.

What?

Andy Murray is a British sportsman, performing in a huge British event. Cameron looked absolutely delighted, but he just has a bit more class about him than Salmond.

You wouldn't have seen someone like John Smith or even Blair whipping out a flag in the same circumstances either.

Considering you didn't question any of my points regarding Cameron lack of passion for Scotland I can only assume you're not very bright, or just avoided it like a good little unionist

Well aye, you'll note that i included Salmond in my 'strange question' the point is that Cameron turning up to wimbledon is as much about associating himself with success and supporting 'Britain' as is Salmond waving a flag about trying to associate positivity and success with Scotland.

Indeed - Cameron has had a good few weeks. He's cresting just now. The economy is picking up, he just eviscerated Milliband during the week and a Brit wins Wimbledon.

British sporting success is always good news for the PM and the party in power. As is Scottish success for Scottish politicians.

So was Cameron. I'm not sure what your point is here.

That he was allowed to do so in his own way, in fact in a very similar way to thousands of others flying Saltires and Union Jacks. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that many of those people were expressing some sort of political sentiment by waving a saltire rather than a union jack about either, then.

Considering you didn't question any of my points regarding Cameron lack of passion for Scotland

Why would Cameron have "passion" for Scotland?

So was Cameron. I'm not sure what your point is here.

I'm not sure what your point is ever, you spout the same old shit on here day in day out, the vast majority of the time you are talking nonsense, I really don't see how anyone can take issue with the Scottish FM waving the Scottish flag after one of Scotland's finest athletes wins a major sporting competition.

Dear oh dear,we are pleased with Rab C being silly and waving about the saltire abit ar'nt we.

What a loveable rascal he is,just like William Wallace.

May as well hand Scotland its independence now.

That he was allowed to do so in his own way, in fact in a very similar way to thousands of others flying Saltires and Union Jacks. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that many of those people were expressing some sort of political sentiment by waving a saltire rather than a union jack about either, then.

Possibly, but the question is really whether you are happy with the FM behaving like Mary from Kirkie, down for the weekend with her sister.

There were a good few punters with face paints too. Do you think Salmond should have done that? If not, why not?

Because its supposedly "a very important part of the union". I thought you would know that line.

And? Why would he have "passion" about a particular part of the UK?

A Brit won Wimbledon. Cameron looked ecstatic. Whether he is from Dunblane or Dover is irrelevant.

Possibly, but the question is really whether you are happy with the FM behaving like Mary from Kirkie, down for the weekend with her sister.

Actually, yes I am. Why wouldn't I? Again, it's evidence that the FM is an ordinary bloke and not a megalomaniac idealogue.

There were a good few punters with face paints too. Do you think Salmond should have done that? If not, why not?

I honestly don't see why not. It wasn't a state occasion, Salmond wasn't there as an official representative of anything, neither was Cameron. While required to be somewhat mindeful of their other responsibilities (as we all do, you wouldn't catch me with anything that branded me as working for the company I do while out on the lash at the weekend, for example) they should be allowed to act like normal human beings and enjoy themselves in their own natural fashion.

As for the face paint, well I'm not a fan of grown men doing that anyway, or of grown men wearing football tops outside of actually going to a game or playing football. That's just where my arbitrary line in good taste is drawn. Flag waving seems inoffensive by comparison.

All in all, it's maybe right to reflect on why people fly naitonal flags at wimbledon anyway. None of these guys are actually representing the country of their birth, they compete as private individuals. yet we all seme to try and force feelings of nationality on them, whether they want it or not.

Him and his wife could have gone for one of those combo lettered T-Shirt efforts you often see as well.

His wife with an "A N" one and him with "D Y M U R R A Y S C O T T I S H W I M B L E D O N C H A M P I O N 2 0 1 3"

Hahaha! Class!

Archived