Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Note I've edited out the inaccurate part of your post.

The current plan is disjointed, ill-prepared, lacking in detail, lacking in supporting documentation, incoherent, incomplete and unworkable, for a start. It largely consists of wild assertion. Not to mention the fact that the authors appear to have a different position in private, contradicting their public front.

That should not be the basis of this discussion. Hence, why I said what I said.

Sorry, are we talking about yes Scotland, or better Together here :lol:

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of generalisations here, zero specifics. Not only that, but what specific plan are you talking about? There are several.

It's hard to be specific when the very detail required doesn't exist (or at least isn't in the public domain).

When I say 'plan' I am referring to the information set out by Yes Scotland and the SNP for moving towards an independent Scotland, any other plans are irrelevant.

The dictionary definition, not the band.

yes i got that, so please continue...what did you mean by status quo when you admitted yourself that things will change after a no vote.

barrysnotter, that was a very poor "look theres a squirrel" diversion

The referendum that has been promised by a party for AFTER the next GE, which they are not likely to win outright, that one?

What powers to you expect to be taklen away from Holyrood and returned to Westminster in the event of a No vote?

yes i got that, so please continue...what did you mean by status quo when you admitted yourself that things will change after a no vote.

It's hard to be specific when the very detail required doesn't exist (or at least isn't in the public domain).

When I say 'plan' I am referring to the information set out by Yes Scotland and the SNP for moving towards an independent Scotland, any other plans are irrelevant.

So basically, the detail that doesn't exist is unworkable? You can't name a specific single thing that you think is unrealistic and unworkable? How do you know it is unworkable then?

I didn't have them either. I remember I became friends with somebody solely because I could play with them at the time! Good mate still to this day. Mega-Dragonzord is what you want :P

:: moist ::

Green Ranger was always my favourite. The best zord, the armour, and yeah, mega-dragonzord!

who needs the Megazord when you can have Predaking.....

I was never into transformers. Mega-dragonzord conquers all.

The referendum that has been promised by a party for AFTER the next GE, which they are not likely to win outright, that one?

What powers to you expect to be taklen away from Holyrood and returned to Westminster in the event of a No vote?

I never mentioned powers, that may come...but there will be finances taken away...less money coming back to Scotland

barrysnotter, that was a very poor "look theres a squirrel" diversion

I have not "admitted things will change after a no vote".

If you want to converse, at least read what I have written.

Entirely for your benefit, the set up we have now is the "status quo".

We have food banks popping up within Scotland's largest city, but yet we can dedicate billions towards not one but two invasions into nations we quite frankly have no business being involved with.

Clearly the "status quo" isn't working

We have food banks popping up within Scotland's largest city, but yet we can dedicate billions towards not one but two invasions into nations we quite frankly have no business being involved with.

Clearly the "status quo" isn't working

I've just seen your avatar, very relevant!

Incidentally, did Barry forget that the status quo has been ditched already. The Scotland Act is coming in 2016 apparently, which means the status quo has been binned.

So basically, the detail that doesn't exist is unworkable? You can't name a specific single thing that you think is unrealistic and unworkable? How do you know it is unworkable then?

Currency, pensions, EU, Energy policy, university fees.... The list goes on. *

I know it is unrealistic and unworkable because I'm not a complete spanner and I've considered the consequences both direct and indirect.

*list provided as example only, is not exhaustive and does not have any bearing on rank of significance.

Incidentally, did Barry forget that the status quo has been ditched already. The Scotland Act is coming in 2016 apparently, which means the status quo has been binned.

You are quite correct, thank you. Not that it affects my point greatly.

You are being daft. I never said I "think things will stay the same".

I have not "admitted things will change after a no vote".

If you want to converse, at least read what I have written.

Well what are you saying???

Currency, pensions, EU, Energy policy, university fees.... The list goes on. *

I know it is unrealistic and unworkable because I'm not a complete spanner and I've considered the consequences both direct and indirect.

*list provided as example only, is not exhaustive and does not have any bearing on rank of significance.

Okay, lets concentrate on this. What is "unrealistic and unworkable" about the EU plan?

Well what are you saying???

If you bothered to read my first post properly you should know.

Following a no vote the status quo* is the worst case scenario (and it is credible). Not a bad fall-back position to have.

What is the SNP's fall-back position?

*incorporating the Scotland Act.

Archived