The Open University

The missus did her ou degree whilst working full time. Took her about 6 years I think. It seemed to come in fits and starts. A month or two of modules then a month or two off. She was working in really hard when she had assignments to do but she managed so it's obviously doable.

I think i might try do open university for last 2 years of study after i get my HND and hopefully get a job, even if it takes a few years to do it will be worth it. Being a full time student is doing my head in

• 6 months later...

Just about to start my second year of Law. Found the first year fairly tame but have just taken delivery of a mountain of books for the first half of this module.

Coupled with working full time and a 3 month old baby I can see this being a struggle.

I have read that some companies do not look favourably on an OU degree. Has anyone found this to be the case?

Don't fancy slogging it out to discover the degree is barely recognised. If that's the case, other suggestions for distance learning universities which have a good reputation would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm working towards a BA in childhood studies. I transferred 180 credits from my DipHE in primary education. Doing one 2nd yr module this yr and it's been fine. Doing both third year ones next year. Hoping if I stay well to do a pgce.

Archived