Broadchurch

WILLIEA

Have Sky +recorded this because it was getting good reviews in the press.

So far have watched the first two episodes and I find it slow as f*ck.

Should I bin it or does it get better?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's been quite good, but , as Willie says, too slow - dragged out over too many episodes. Good performances from Colman and Tennant with a fine supporting cast. Red herrings galore, methinks, and I don't know whodunnit!

So, who do we think the killer is? A lot of people seem to think it is Joe Miller, but I'm not convinced

Changes every episode but right now I'm thinking Joe, for the following reasons.

His son was having bother with Danny, also remember the vicar said he'd told the parents they were having a fight but Ellie didn't have a clue when Hardy said to her so it'd suggest he'd only told Joe. He could have intervened to help Tom somehow and it went badly wrong. Also Susan saying she saw Nigel coming off the boat, is it impossible that at that distance at night she mistook Joe for Nigel? While there've been little things like this thrown our way with just about everyone, he was really alarmed by Hardy talking to Tom at Jack's funeral too. Could easily turn out to be anyone other than the Latimers though, good number of curveballs to keep us guessing.

Changes every episode but right now I'm thinking Joe, for the following reasons.

His son was having bother with Danny, also remember the vicar said he'd told the parents they were having a fight but Ellie didn't have a clue when Hardy said to her so it'd suggest he'd only told Joe. He could have intervened to help Tom somehow and it went badly wrong. Also Susan saying she saw Nigel coming off the boat, is it impossible that at that distance at night she mistook Joe for Nigel? While there've been little things like this thrown our way with just about everyone, he was really alarmed by Hardy talking to Tom at Jack's funeral too. Could easily turn out to be anyone other than the Latimers though, good number of curveballs to keep us guessing.

With Susan and Nige, I reckon it was Nige that Susan saw as right at the end when he is telling her to tell the police she made a mistake she said " And it was you I saw" which he doesn't deny and leaves. It could be almost anyone to be honest. I seen skybet are taking bets on the killer and joe miller is 2/5

after the killing i can see why writers want to develop the whodunnit into something that explores the characters and communities but you still need the whodunnit bit to be good or it doesnt work.whether the series as a whole was an amazing slow burn or a slow waste of episodes depended on last night.

in the end the reveal was shite. everyone guessed ot weeks ago and he only got caught as he couldnt be fucked anymore. very disappointing end.if you watched first amd last episodes you would have missed nothing.

also,about 6 underage sex subplots?overkill much? red riding trilogy did all this before with better acting better characters better storyline and quicker!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived