Broadchurch

WILLIEA

Still enjoyable telly but it's not as good as the first season and is sheding a fair few viewers. Doubt the writer intended it to go for a second season but due to the viewing figures they've had to come up with something to keep it going.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still enjoyable telly but it's not as good as the first season and is sheding a fair few viewers. Doubt the writer intended it to go for a second season but due to the viewing figures they've had to come up with something to keep it going.

It was definitely meant to be a one off and I'm sure I read that the first series was something he'd worked on for years. Now he's bashed out a second series a year later it's never going to be the same quality.

The acting and direction are still really good so I'll keep watching but it isn't as well written or plotted as the first series.

Can only agree with almost everything that's been said so far - it's not as good as the first series but still entertains more than a lot of other shite on TV just now.

Still annoyed that the confession was thrown out though.

Thoughts on the first episode of season 2?
Boring..Enjoyed the first series but this ones just guff, too much of the old (murder she wrote) faces of possible guilt on everyone after every scene, and the court scene where an experienced police officer cracks after 2 questions was pretty shit.

The first series was relatively good. This second series isn't and there was absolutely no need for a second series; it should have been left well alone.

My patience is wearing thin. There's too many plot lines (the majority of which are dull) and it feels like it doesn't have a real end point. Meh.

Battered through the first series in a couple of nights this week, thought it was outstanding. Up to date with the first four episodes of the second series. I'm enjoying it, obviously not as good as the first series, but I think as others have pointed out, the writers probably didn't expect to do a second series.

Surprised no one has commented on Becca Fisher, or Claire's Bristols when Lee was searching for a wire. Swooooon!

Am I the only person who is still quite enjoying this? Granted it's not as good as the first series but I'm quite intrigued by the case for the defence and also wtf went on in the Sandbrook case

Im hooked, no idea why people would be losing interest!! Not a lot happened last night and i was pretty drunk :(

Am I the only person who is still quite enjoying this? Granted it's not as good as the first series but I'm quite intrigued by the case for the defence and also wtf went on in the Sandbrook case

Nope....I'm still enjoying it. It seems to me that after a couple of bad reviews, the other reviewers jump on the bandwagon like sheep like they don't have a view of their own.

It's more of the same from series 1 with more developments from the previous case so what's not to like?

Nope....I'm still enjoying it. It seems to me that after a couple of bad reviews, the other reviewers jump on the bandwagon like sheep like they don't have a view of their own.

Fair point... if you're completely ignorant.

Incidentally, this week is the first time that the Sandbrook case has really grabbed me, so at least one of the plots is working.

jimmy boo, on 03 Feb 2015 - 21:12, said:

Eh?

Making up stories of people jumping on a bandwagon instead of just accepting that people aren't enjoying it as much as you are.

I think if the whole not guilty verdict thing was better, I'd appreciate the series a whole lot more, because the Sandbrook case is genuinely interesting at times. Especially now as it just gets more and more seedy.

Archived