Thatcher deid

I'd imagine the lefties will resent the fact, that she died living in one of the plushest hotels on the planet

And yet still quialifies for state benefit to bury here. Where is private enterprise when you need it.

Edited by Tubbs

I stand corrected, you were the one however that posted the link to his BLOG not his TWITTER.

https://twitter.com/georgegalloway

Completely different platforms.

He's talking bollocks about Linwood, btw. It was destroyed by the machinations of John Carty & his thugs on the factory floor, & by the French offering the exasperated Renault-Talbot two shiny new factories so they could take jobs back to France. Nothing to do with Thatcher that time. But as ever why should Tiddles allow facts to get in the way of blatant opportunism.

Like Thatcher, he's another one whose death will be the cause of wild celebrations - an odious creature.

Tedious and pedantic - well done.

Tedious and pedantic - well done.

Copies an old George Galloway tweet for a reply - typical bien-pensant vermin unable to articulate for themselves.

The irony is that if Thatcher had never existed, he'd never have been able to make his career as a mob orator barfing specious platitudes while doing even less for the "working class" he claims to love than even the most useless piece of county set Tory MP lobby fodder.

I'm not mourning the death of Maggie Thatcher, nor am I 'celebrating it'. I don't know what it was like in the days when she was prime minister however I seem to see a lot of young people my age 'celebrating' her death. How many of them do you think could do an honest days work down the pits anyway?

Not only that, but by looking at the picture in the sun, the rather large woman at George Square does not strike me as an honest hard working lady, which makes me wonder also.

I think most of these people don't work and therefore have too much time on their hands, so we'll probably be seeing them the next time there is a protest about bedroom tax,demanding the deportation of some nomark Al Quaeda operative but until then,stay classy.

I have no feeling towards her death, I was 5 when she left number 10 and I have chosen never to research why do many people loathed her (due to the fact I have no interest in politics both at home or abroad). I find the feelings about her from both sides both compelling and amusing, some of the reactions yesterday were hilarious, there were folk on the verge of tears, and folk throwing street parties. Has there ever been a politician that has divided opinion so much as her?

probably not, looking back politics was quite amazing at that time, people were interested and actively took part in the events of the time,I think it is a lot more apathetic now really, nobody really has much emotion either way for Cameron,Milliband etc...

I'm not mourning the death of Maggie Thatcher, nor am I 'celebrating it'. I don't know what it was like in the days when she was prime minister however I seem to see a lot of young people my age 'celebrating' her death. How many of them do you think could do an honest days work down the pits anyway?

Not only that, but by looking at the picture in the sun, the rather large woman at George Square does not strike me as an honest hard working lady, which makes me wonder also.

I think most of these people don't work and therefore have too much time on their hands, so we'll probably be seeing them the next time there is a protest about bedroom tax,demanding the deportation of some nomark Al Quaeda operative but until then,stay classy.

What an awful post. :lol:

You say yourself that you weren't around then, so your opinion means nowt. I was affected by her policies and actions and I can assure you that no workers up here were looking to have their mines, steel works, shipyards etc, etc closed so they could avoid work.

I am not a man driven by hate but by God was I happy when I learned of her demise. An evil woman, who is probably pissing off everyone else in Hell right now.

Let us not forget that if we had a 'Thatcher free world' in the 80s, chances are, we'd all have been nuked. Ronald Reagan, for all his cuddly, doddery persona was a dangerous figurehead of the USA. Can you imagine Cameron trying to stand up to him and the Ruskies during the Cold War? *shudder*.

Nuclear war was a very real prospect at the time, it's staggering how many people simply forget this.

Not being funny here. What was she meant to have done to prevent a nuclear war? Site cruise missiles in the UK perhaps? :blink:

Bully for you.

I grew up in Muirhouse [Edinburgh] during the worst HIV/AIDS crisis in Western Europe and still managed to crack on nicely during the 80's and early 90's.

It was about showing initiative and guile back then rather than chip on the shoulder 'blame the Tories' fatalism.

We make our own opportunities in life.

Drug dealer IMHO :)

What an awful post. :lol:

Explain please.

You say yourself that you weren't around then, so your opinion means nowt. I was affected by her policies and actions and I can assure you that no workers up here were looking to have their mines, steel works, shipyards etc, etc closed so they could avoid work.

I am not a man driven by hate but by God was I happy when I learned of her demise. An evil woman, who is probably pissing off everyone else in Hell right now.

Did you read my post? Its about the here and now, not something I wasn't around to see. Evidently I am indifferent to what people do who, like yourself lived in those times.

My post was aimed at youngsters around my age who are on the same boat as me, yet they are celebrating her death as if they were affected or they have some sense of nostalgia for what it was like when they worked down the mines.