ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

5 hours ago, MarkDallasICW said:

Maybe was a wee bit out of line wae the Joe comment.  Phoned him right after it and apologised. 

As for my arrogance.  f**k it, maybe I am confident, dog eat dog world.  Running and buisness.  Fists up, tuck your chin, talk a good game.  That's the promotion buisness.  I'm not gonna apologise for acting confidently at times. 

So, what's the issue with WCPW? I mean, I watched one of their shows and it was OK, nothing to write home about but I don't see anything in it that could possibly offend other than that they started off in a position of relative strength in terms of viewership on YT and gave themselves an immediate foot-up not afforded to other companies (which is no bad thing....innovative to gain most of their viewers from the YT channel, if anything) and by coming up to Scotland, they're in your neck of the woods (which for me, is fair game given that ICW is a successful touring promotion in itself).

I also don't think anyone's arrogance comment is directed at you personally, it's more to do with anyone on the official FB page who dared criticise any of the matches, finishes or any part of F&L9 being hounded and shot down by not only by the smelly neckbeard contingent of the 'community' but some of the actual talent themselves. As I said a few pages back, it's fair to expect criticism and increased scrutiny when the shows have jumped in price so much in the last few years and are being seen by more eyes...it's not fair for folk to say daft shite like 'aye but you saw the Dudleys at the Hydro....what more you after?!'

Edited by djchapsticks

36 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So, what's the issue with WCPW? I mean, I watched one of their shows and it was OK, nothing to write home about but I don't see anything in it that could possibly offend other than that they started off in a position of relative strength in terms of viewership on YT and gave themselves an immediate foot-up not afforded to other companies (which is no bad thing....innovative to gain most of their viewers from the YT channel, if anything) and by coming up to Scotland, they're in your neck of the woods (which for me, is fair game given that ICW is a successful touring promotion in itself).

I also don't think anyone's arrogance comment is directed at you personally, it's more to do with anyone on the official FB page who dared criticise any of the matches, finishes or any part of F&L9 being hounded and shot down by not only by the smelly neckbeard contingent  'community' but some of the actual talent themselves. As I said a few pages back, it's fair to expect criticism and increased scrutiny when the shows have jumped in price so much in the last few years and are being seen by more eyes...it's not fair for folk to say daft shite like 'aye but you saw the Dudleys at the Hydro....what more you after?!'

Great post.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I can't believe Mark Dallas has a P&B account.

What's funnier is that he or someone else (cough cough Westendjag) is watching the thread closely enough that within 24 hrs of some direct criticism he's on to set the record straight. Which makes it even more chuckle inducing that renown ICW suck up domdom called him an "absolute arsehole" :lol::lol: