FIFA 14

KeeperDee

I've never played Ultimate Team, so got a couple of questions if that's alright. I think I've got a decent team (rated 4 stars at 75) - but there's little chemistry (56). I've got an orange link between Cissokho and McCarthy because they play in the same league, and a green link between right-back Pedro Lopez (75) & centre-mid Verdu (80), and Michel (75) and striker Pabon (75). But red for everything else. How should I go about building this team, then? Or is it good enough?

No idea if this'll work but here's my team...

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=gySCYVcb9XM:360

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You generally try and build a team filled with players from the same league (11 Bundesliga players) or same Nation (11 Brazilians) to get a perfect chemistry, but I think this year they've added in a "loyalty" bonus which will increase chemistry after the same team has played so many games, I think.

Good stuff. I've managed to fiddle about moving players to different positions (swapping the CBs for example) which has helped.

Yeah, theres a few people with "hybrid" sides. So one half is a German league team and one half is an English league team and they have very good team chemistry. So you don't necessarily have to go all out on one league or nationality. Some people also go for Brazilian strikers with an entirely different team but they just have a link midfielder or the like, it's quite interesting to see how people manage it

i've built a few hybrids on FUT13, they're fairly easy to do.

I wasn't saying they were particularly difficult. Was just saying I find it interesting seeing all the different ways people do it

I managed to sell a German silver player I got in the welcome packs for 9k which is a wee bonus.

Have managed to get a full squad of Italian Bronze players (63 or 64 quality) and still have 4.5 k left.

My only tactic will be to use the bronze team when the game starts as its a cheap way to build a squad and get the playing rewards building up. I will then in the background build up my Gold squad.

How can people have millions already?

Either good luck in packs or 24/7 trading I'd imagine?

I'm making about 50c to 200c on players I've bought myself. Utterly dreadful probably, but better than I've ever done before

For around 3-4k I've so far got:

Andre Ter-Stegen

Phil Jones - Dejan Lovren - Ashley Williams - John Arne Riise

Jonas Gutierrez -------- Emanuele Giaccherini --------- Adam Lallana

Gylfi Sigurrdson ----------- Bryan Ruiz

Pablo Osvaldo

Decent squad so far. Ter-Stegen, Gutierrez and Giaccherini came in packs I've recieved. I'll probably end up selling all three at some point. Ter-Stegen's a good 'keeper, but my chemistry is 91 so if I wanna get full straight away I'll need him replaced. I'm currently in the middle of selling the likes of Izaguirre, Ivan Ramis, Gary Caldwell, Bryan Ruiz (bought him twice as the app was being a dick) and Mats Hummells, so I'm hopeful of being able to replace the likes of Gutierrez and Giaccherini with real quality. The going rate for Ter Stegen is around 5-600 by the looks of it. For straight money replacements, the likes of Schwarzer, Krul, Foster and Friedel are all available.

What do the chemistry styles do? I could get a Krul 'cat' for 1.1k which seems decent but I don't want it if it makes no real difference.

Archived